Position Type: Full time
Work Environment: Hybrid (once a week)
Location: Jersey City, NY
Base Pay Range: $120k – $140k USD
We are the consulting division of Davies, accelerating business, technology and people performance across financial services including banking, asset and wealth management, insurance and other highly regulated industries.
The Financial Crime & Compliance practice is a global advisory business. We advise financial services clients in meeting their regulatory obligations, assessing and mitigating financial crime risks and managing change within their FCC organizations. We have sub practices within the FCC business – Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Fraud, Governance Risk and Compliance and Markets Trade Compliance. Working closely with the Managing Partners, as well as across the Financial Crime & Compliance business, this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and independent person to support the growth of the practice.
Our NY office is based in Jersey City, with the expectation that one day per week will be spent in this office. The remainder of the week flexible, with options to discuss different working patterns for the right candidate. Our corporate offices are in London, so earlier days are preferable to work with our counterparts there and travelling to London, twice/ thrice a year is a mandate for this role.
Typical day in the role
- Provide general support for the practice, including internal processes and updates.
- Become a primary point of contact for the Practice with the back-office support functions specifically HR, COO, Recruiting and Finance.
- Work with finance to gather and provide financial reporting to the management team. For example –
- Reports to help the management team manage our bench.
- Reports to help the management team understand project margins and profitability.
- Work with the MPs to create controls to ensure the effective and safe management of our business. For example –
- Tying legal obligations to in-flight projects
- Flagging pending contract end dates for follow up
- Ensuring expenses properly controlled and managed
- Oversight of the knowledge and methodology library (engagement life cycle, folder control etc)
- Support the development of proposals, pitch decks, and marketing materials.
- Engagement with other ad hoc projects / activities as required. For example, to help the management team coordinate marketing events.
- Support diary management for the Managing Partners
- Support Partner and Managing Partner travel arrangements.
- Organize internal and external / client meetings on behalf of the Partners and Managing Partners
- The role has the potential to grow significantly beyond the administrative management of the practices towards providing insights and become a trusted advisor to the management team.
We are looking for someone who
- Is highly organized and comfortable using their initiative
- Is an excellent communicator, with effective stakeholder management skills
- Is mature and assertive in dealing with senior management
- Is fully competent across Microsoft Office suite and able to produce quality outputs
- Is not a CPA but understands how to read a P&L, manage revenue forecasts, and perform cost analysis
- Has the ability to quickly learn new systems (support will be provided)
- Is willing to approach tasks with a positive mindset and in support of the practice
- Enjoys being part of a team but is able to work independently.
What we offer
- We are a dedicated team and our practice has a supportive and friendly atmosphere.
- Our team truly enjoy working together.
- We offer all the benefits of being part of a large, successful multinational company
- Amazing learning and growth opportunities
- Generous Annual leave plan
- Flexible working hours (depending on projects)
What's important to you is what matters to us…
Our people are at the heart of our business and that is why we’re the Consultancy of choice for our clients. We recognize that the traditional ‘workplace environment’ has evolved and we want to nurture the benefits of this cultural shift for our employees whilst continuing to deliver expertise and an unrivalled service to our customers in our core, specialist areas.
Our core values which underpin our day-to-day working practices are Expertise, Leadership and Teamwork.
We live these values by …
- Caring for the health and well-being of our colleagues
- Increasing diversity and inclusion within our workforce
- Encouraging and accommodating flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Creating a culture centered on interesting, complex, and challenging work and celebrating
- Enjoying a fun, friendly, supportive, and sociable team-based environment
- Supporting performance driven career progression and providing access to professional skills enhancement via internal learning programs
- Recognizing and celebrating the individual contributions of our colleagues
- Championing autonomy and empowerment of all our colleagues
And if that wasn’t enough…Rewarding success and hard work!
We offer a competitive basic salary and an annual bonus based on performance.
Inclusion and Diversity
Our Approach – At Davies we welcome different perspectives, support each other’s ambitions, and grow together. We work to build an Inclusive Culture where everyone can succeed.
We value the differences and benefits that a diverse workforce brings to the business. We do not discriminate on the grounds of any differentiating factor and embrace the differences which make people unique.
Actioned through – Davies colleagues will deliver DEI though both local and global actions. It is recognized that different geographies have different cultures, employment legislation and hold alternative views. At Davies, we are committed to building an Inclusive Culture through DEI, and we are respectful of opposing views held to the company’s position.