SNA International, a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence, is currently looking for a bright, collaborative DNA Analyst to join the Training & Education Team at AFDIL.
SNA International is a dynamic, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists, technologists, and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world.
We are looking for qualified candidates who thrive on the ability to use technology and computer science to study and find solutions in the area of forensics and biology, be a research persistent leader, while continually learning and building knowledge base in an effort to fuel leadership qualities through expertise.
The Training & Education DNA Analyst assists the Training and Education Manager and Assistant Training and Education Manager in executing all aspects of training and education programs for the nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA, research and automation, biometrics and special projects sections of AFDIL within the Armed Forces Medical Examiner’s System (AFMES).
Critical Work Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The T&E DNA Analyst will assist the T&E Manager and Assistant Manger in executing all aspects of training and education programs for nuclear DNA and mitochondrial DNA, including automation.
- Must be able to speak and present in front of an audience.
- Mentoring technical staff, organizing and tracking training specimens, and other relevant duties and responsibilities as it pertains to this position.
- Master’s degree in one of the natural sciences with six months of relevant experience, or a B.A./B.S. degree in a biology-, chemistry-, or forensic science-related area (with two years of relevant experience).
- Must meet the FBI Quality Assurance Standards for a DNA Analyst regarding successful completion of 12 cumulative semester or equivalent credit hours encompassing the subjects of biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and statistics/population genetics.
- Work is on site at the AFMES facility.
- May require travel for mission support, meetings, industry conferences and seminars.
*Candidates must be US citizens and must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I) Background Check.
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.