Forensic Inpatient – Ward 9a
Wakari Hospital, Dunedin
Salary Band – $73,000 to $103,630 pa pro-rata + Kiwisaver
- Join us as we change the future of healthcare in Southern NZ
- Permanent positions available, full and part-time (a variety of FTE available), lets talk!
- No long commute, no traffic jams, free onsite parking……it all starts here….
Mō te tūranga | About the role
Ward 9A at Wakari Hospital is a
- 13- bed medium secure unit,
- the inpatient unit for Otago and Southland for those persons who are in the Justice system and require assessment, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Full complement of a multidisciplinary team delivers a range of therapeutic services and programmes in this setting.
- Has a strong emphasis on linking people with families/ whanau and support persons and reintegration into the wider community.
- Work in a secure environment predominantly with patients referred from the courts and/or prison setting for assessment and/or treatment.
- Provide a rehabilitative role in assisting patients with complex needs to reintegrate into the community.
- Collaboate in a safe environment and to plan care that meets individual needs.
- Maintain links with family and friends whose on-going support and input is often of vital importance to the provision of care.
Mōu ake | About You
- Experienced Mental Health or Comprehensive Registered Nurse
- Hold current NZ registration and an APC
- Hold a full drivers licence
If you’re not from Dunedin then perhaps you don’t know just how good we have it here? With excellent amenities, schooling – primary through to Otago University, recreation, great food and wine, outstanding nature, and an amazing variety of climates and locations from coastal to mountain. Some people call it the ends of the earth, but we think it’s ‘the last best place’, so at the top of our list of reasons to join us at Southern is ‘the lifestyle’.
Check out https://southernhealthcareers.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau. If you are from Dunedin then we don’t need to sell it to you, you already know why you’re here. https://www.dunedinnz.com/
If this sounds like the change you are looking for enquire further. You must be a New Zealand Registered Nurse, with a current APC and mental health sector experience or an interest in Mental Health. We provide an excellent orientation to our positions and will happily support your ongoing professional development needs.
So, if you want to make a difference and hold a positive attitude to your work and others, and you’re ready to experience all the wonderful side benefits of living and working in Dunedin (if you don’t already) then we encourage you to apply.
Mō mātou | About us
Te Whatu Ora – Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: 21 December 2023
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the NZNO Collective Agreement and falls between the step 1 ($73,566 p.a) and Step 7 ($103,630 p.a prorata) of the RN scale
Tono ināianei | Apply now
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
For further information please contact Mikayla Hamilton, Recruitment Advisor, email@example.com
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand – Southern, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all Workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to COVID-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces.