Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
As an Overnight Fraud Investigator, you will be part of a team of experienced and knowledgeable Fraud Investigators. For this particular role, you will primarily be covering the night shift, which will include some bank holidays.
We are looking for self-proclaimed night owls, so if you feel more productive and work better after 8pm, this is a great opportunity to join our team!
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whenever they need us, we will be there. As such, we are looking for people who can commit to 37.5 hours a week (4 days on followed by 3 days off), usually between 8pm-6.30am Monday to Sunday. We’re passionate about improving work life balance and therefore offer hybrid working – you’ll spend around 1 day per month in the office with your team and the rest working from home.
Training for the role:
We have a 6 week training programme which is run from the office so you’ll need to be able to commit to being in the office during the day for your first 6 weeks with us. The training gives you all of the skills and support you need to succeed at Starling!
The recruitment process:
Once we have reviewed your application, if we feel you have the skills and experience foe the role, we will invite you to an initial 20 minutes long phone interview.
After this, the final stage would be a video interview with our Fraud Investigations team, where they will discuss the role, your skills and experience in more detail and an answer any questions you may have about the role and what to expect!
Applications for this role will close on 01/12.
- Monitoring transaction reports to identify any suspicious transactions and conduct detailed investigations as required.
- Sending and responding to APP reports to and from other Banks.
- Proactively identifying financial crime trends through data analysis and sharing findings with leadership as and when required.
- Providing expertise and support to KYC and onboarding processes, using platforms such as CIFAS/SIRA.
- Liaising with other banks and the relevant authorities as necessary through several channels, including email, phone and CIFAS.
- Working to a high standard, meeting strict timeframes whilst working under pressure.
- Communicating directly with customers as part of ongoing fraud investigations through in-app messages or via telephony with potential victims of fraud to establish circumstances and additional information, before providing a fair and logical decision, with supporting rationale.
- Working as part of a team and supporting colleagues as and when required in order to reduce workload(s).
- Keen interest in stopping Fraud whilst considering the impact of how an investigation can impact customers.
- You will have 1 years’ experience in a Retail Bank environment, desirably within a Financial Crime function.
- Preferred experience using fraud detection and reporting systems, such as CIFAS and SIRA.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- A team player who is also able to work independently to deliver in a fast-paced work environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to act with urgency and escalate issues as and when necessary.
- Ability to liaise with different teams and stakeholders with confidence to assist your investigations.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to understand complex problems and identify potential solutions.
- Able to adapt to change positively and quickly.
- Experience of working in a telephony environment and have the skills to speak to customers confidently, demonstrating the core values which are aligned with Starling’s ‘tone of voice’.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.