Agency : Department of Employment Security
Closing Date/Time: 11/27/2023
Salary: $4,158.00 – $5,896.00 – Anticipated Monthly Salary
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number
The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Fraud Investigations Assessor. Responsibilities include providing information to employers and clients, collecting and investigating information reporting allegations of fraudulent receipt of unemployment benefits, and reviewing changes to unemployment insurance legislation to determine their impact on benefit eligibility determinations. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who has a strong knowledge of unemployment insurance (UI) benefit payments based upon the criteria contained in laws and policies of the State of Illinois and the Department of Labor (DOL) and is dedicated to ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive knowledge of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Act and related Illinois UI rules and regulations. IDES offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of Illinois employers and job seekers.
- Under general supervision, serves as a Fraud Investigations Assessor for the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES).
- Collects information from employers, the general public and/or other external sources reporting allegations of fraudulent receipt of benefits.
- As assigned, reviews wage information supplied by the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Earnings Audit forms and all other relevant documentation.
- Reviews sections of the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Act and related Illinois UI rules and regulations for changes to sections which have a bearing on the determination of eligibility and/or the Benefit Payment Control (BPC) program.
- Compiles case materials for investigators for referral to the Attorney General’s Office for civil and criminal prosecution.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to the completion of four (4) years of college with major courses in the social sciences, OR
- Requires four (4) years of experience in investigation and analysis, business labor, or industrial relations or business mathematics with two (2) of the years at the professional level, OR
- Requires two (2) years of experience as a Bureau Adjudicator or Intermittent Unemployment Insurance Representative
Preferred Qualifications (In Order Of Significance)
- Three (3) years of professional experience applying unemployment insurance laws to determine benefit eligibility.
- One (1) year of experience interviewing unemployment insurance (UI) claimants and/or employers to determine claimants’ eligibility for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.
- Experience speaking to various groups to convey policy and procedures in a manner easily understood by diverse audiences.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Conditions Of Employment
- Requires an Illinois State Police background check and self-disclosure of any criminal history
- Requires ability to travel
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Work Location: 33 S State St Chicago, IL 60603-2804
Job Family: Fiscal, Finance & Procurement
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: