At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
A person in this role will be responsible for the overall direction and execution of multiple projects related to the resolution of critical downtime events impacting our Customers’ equipment and perioperative operations. In this strategic role, you will play a key role in ensuring our customer through project launch activities, risk assessment, and ongoing program management processes as you bring together stakeholders and drive the project plans that are essential for STERIS' customers operational capabilities. In this role, it's imperative that controls are in place to meet Customer contractual and quality standards across STERIS' Healthcare businesses as part of this Critical Response Center of Excellence.
• Serves as a proactive interface between Engineering, Marketing, Clinical, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Quality to ensure effective progression and delivery of projects. Develops and drives the plan/strategy across our Healthcare businesses as well as execution of new services and Critical Response projects.
• Lead the initiation, planning, implementation, and closure of multiple projects, varying in size and scope and recommend revisions in project work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Facilitate the definition of projects’ scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Ensure adherence to the STERIS PMO project management process and accurate/effective updates to STERIS leadership and our Customers.
• Utilize the PMO tools to identify and communicate risks, issues, mitigation, and change management per the approved project charter.
• Identify critical issues and contingency plans on projects.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Prepare and present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions for Customers and upper management, as needed.
• Consistently monitor and report on the progress of multiple projects to appropriate stakeholders.
• Understand ROI cost savings and make decisions and recommendations accordingly.
• Thoroughly understand and execute projects within the Global Service project management process/Phase gate approval process.
• Inspire coworkers to reach goals and pursue excellence.
• Good understanding of the cross functional groups’ responsibilities and how these groups interact throughout the organization. Facilitates and follows-up with the across business and functional teams involved in project definition, design, development, production, regulatory, quality, marketing, and clinical applications
• Developing best practice tools and toolsets directly associated with our Critical Response strategy and customer delivery goals
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience managing multiple, concurrent projects from initial concept through development and deployment; balancing Customer and Business needs with a track record of managing projects to schedule and budget.
• Proven experience in developing and managing projects focused on risk management and change management.
• Be accomplished in using Microsoft Office software, search engines and databases (MS Project)
• Ability to lead and collaborate within a team-based matrixed organization across all business functions, levels and cultures. Experience in successfully coordinating with functional departments (e.g. Engineering, Legal, Regulatory, Operations, Materials & Logistics, Clinical Affairs, Marketing, Quality, etc.).
• Experience in more than one of the following disciplines a plus: Operations Management, R&D/Engineering, Field Service, Risk Assessment, Regulatory, Quality
• Project Management (PMP) certification(s) a plus.
STERIS is a leading global provider of products and services that support patient care with an emphasis on infection prevention. WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD by providing innovative healthcare, life sciences and dental products and services. STERIS is a $5 billion, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 17,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.