The Incident Response Malware Analyst will support MCCOG DCO cyber incident investigations of suspected malicious software through static and dynamic analysis and other means listed below.
- Perform technical analysis of malicious binaries through controlled execution and/or static analysis of assembly code, overcoming techniques designed to defeat analysis; to ascertain functionality, capability, call-backs, assist with attribution to adversary infrastructure, and identification of indicators of compromise.
- Write and produce high quality technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with malware analysis using static and dynamic analysis tools, including disassemblers, debuggers, and virtual machines.
- Experience with monitoring threats through Tools, Techniques, and Procedures and how they relate to the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Experience with Windows internals such as the Windows Application Interface (APIs), processes, threads, and the registry.
- Experience with Linux and comfortable traversing the terminal.
- Knowledge of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques.
- Knowledge of network protocols and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of x86 and x64 instruction set architectures.
- Ability to analyze shellcode, packed, and obfuscated code.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years related technical experience; or a Master’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience. An additional 6 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years of experience performing cyber incident response and analysis.
- Current IAT Level II certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01-M.
- Ability to obtain a CSSP Incident Responder Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01-M within 6 months of employment. (CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CHFI, CySA+ (formerly CSA+, GCFA, GCIH, SCYBER, PenTest+).
- US citizenship required.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 – $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.