- Act as a service partner, work together with Relationship Managers, Client Managers, Product Sales, Operations, and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
- Ensure uniform approach to adhere to Policies, Procedures, Processes, and DOIs.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate.
- Perform client onboarding and renewal processes related to KYC documentation. The main client segment is Financial Institutions, Correspondent Banking Relationships.
- Identify, manage, and escalate blockages that prevent the KYCs from moving to approval stage.
- Support CMs with the assessment of risk issues identified during the due diligence process (related to adverse media, sanctions, PEPs, nesting scenarios, etc). The final risk and responsibility remain with the RM when recommending the KYC.
- Identify, request, and follow up on documentation required from the client. Ensuring the “Once to Client” rule is adhered to as much as practical.
- Review documentation “correctness” (i.e., that the document is “true” and conforming to relevant standards).
- Scan, upload and tag the KYC documentation per global documentation standards.
- Inform product partners on completion of KYC for downstream implementation of facilities and accounts that client will be using.
- Support Network Locations on queries related to KYC portfolio.
- Track turn-around-time on client onboarding process, identify, manage blockages, and timely escalation.
- Source and arrange to validate client tax documents when required (FATCA / CRS).
- Submit KYC cases to Makers. Take the lead on the Maker and Checker process to ensure completion and turn-around times are met.
- 5 years of relevant AML experience within the financial services industry.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or other related field.
- Strong knowledge of Know Your Customer, Customer Identification Program and CDD requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of MS Office & MS Excel.
- Take initiative, analyze, summarize, and communicate effectively &
- Be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Relationship Managers & Client Managers – Clarification, status updates, escalation. Inform when KYC for new client approved for account to be opened, credit lines established, etc).
- Makers & Checker Team – Clarification on issues or required documents.
- Financial Crime Compliance (AML & Sanctions) – To obtain clarification/approval when required.
- Clients – To obtain KYC documentation and clarification when needed.
Expected annual base pay range for the role is 72,080 USD to 108,120 USD. The final offer will be determined on an individualised basis using several variables, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience and education, internal relativity, and specific work location. At Standard Chartered Bank, Base pay is only part of the total compensation package. Discretionary variables pay and a range of attractive bank sponsored benefit programs are available and designed to foster employee overall health and well-being including, but not limited to, a best in class 401k plan with up to 8% employer match, robust medical plan coverage with employer funded Health Savings Accounts, inclusive family building benefits, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements for many of our positions subject to role specific considerations.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.