ABOUT CITATION OIL & GAS CORP.
Citation Oil & Gas Corp. is one of the largest privately-held independent oil & gas acquisition, development and onshore production companies in the United States. Founded in 1981 by Forrest E. Harrell, Sr., Citation has built a significant portfolio of mature, long-life producing properties through a combination of disciplined acquisitions, focused operations and subsequent development.
Since 1985, Citation has invested $2.1 billion in over 80 oil and gas reserve acquisitions. As a result of these acquisitions and subsequent property development, Citation now has ownership interests in approximately 14,500 wells in over 400 separately designated fields that contain over 219 million net equivalent barrels of proved reserves, and has net production of approximately 26,285 barrels of oil and 38 million cubic feet of gas per day. Citation’s reserves are 86% oil and 77% are proved developed and have a reserve life index of 21 years. Critical to our ability to control future development and operating costs, Citation is the operator for over 88% of the value of the properties in which it owns an interest.
LEAD REGULATORY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST – WTR (MIDLAND, TX)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support corporate environmental regulatory compliance activities, policies, procedures, and training programs primarily in WTR (Midland, TX) but also supporting other regions as may be needed.
- Assist with the preparation of environmental permit applications and compliance with environmental permits, including air, waste, and water, required for facility, well, and/or locations.
- Support the preparation, development and submission of information to environmental regulatory agencies as required in a timely manner.
- Support environmental due diligence reviews and assessments regarding acquisitions, divestitures, and other operating properties.
- Support environmental emergency response and contingency planning and implementation.
- Assist with environmental regulatory assistance to company personnel on an as-needed basis to comply with crisis management and emergency response plans including spills and other environmental incidents.
- Assist with the training of field personnel as required by local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Assist with pending environmental regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist with training and professional development programs that provide company employees with information, policies, or training to assure an awareness of environmental requirements and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and training experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently in both an office and field environment.
- Must be able to operate environmental field testing and sampling equipment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related science field OR a minimum of 5-10 years of corresponding environmental and/or oil and gas operations related experience.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
5-10 years environmental and/or oil and gas operations related experience desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND
Physical requirements – must be able to walk on rough terrain, climb ladders or steps, carry and lift to waist level 50-to-60-pound objects and equipment, and work outside during various weather conditions.
Must be able to travel and meet the requirements to drive a company vehicle.
Citation Oil & Gas Corp. is committed to providing equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations, including modification of Company policies and procedures in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, where it can do so without undue hardship. Any employee who requires such accommodation should contact the Vice President – Human Resources.