MARTRUST: WHERE FINTECH MEETS MARITIME
MarTrust Corporation Limited (“MarTrust”) is an authorised payment institution (API) regulated by the Financial Conduct Authoriry (“FCA”), currently in the process of obtaining Electronic Money Institution (EMI) authorisation in the UK. MarTrust’s subsidiary, MarTrust Europe SA in Portugal, is an EMI, authorised by Banco de Portugal.
MarTrust is a leader in digital payment solutions within the shipping industry. With transformative products and a strong value proposition (including a “built for maritime” e-wallet and card), our transformative products have garnered tremendous market response and fuelled substantial growth.
Currently processing $12 billion in payments annually, we’re just getting started!
MarTrust and the bigger picture
At MarTrust, we are dedicated to enhancing seafarer welfare. With over a million seafarers worldwide working in challenging and sometimes perilous conditions, often far away from their loved ones, the process of paying them and facilitating fund transfers poses numerous complications and risks.
With the MarTrust E-Wallet, we comprehensively address these challenges, promoting increased seafarer welfare. By providing peace of mind while they’re away from home, we make a real difference in their lives, and that’s truly meaningful to us.
THE ROLE: AML OFFICER
The AML Officer at MarTrust is responsible for reviewing, assessing, testing and providing recommendations in relation to AML Compliance Framework of MarTrust group of companies.
Your new day-to-day will involve:
- Assisting the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and the MLRO of MarTrust in overseeing AML Compliance Framework, systems and controls used to combat Financial Crime risks and conducting Compliance Monitoring testing in line with MarTrust’s Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP).
- Actively participating in continuous AML Business-Wide Risk Assessment, updating MarTrust Risk Register and communicate with the CCO, the MLROs, MarTrust Risk Manager, Marcura Group Risk Team and Marcura Group Legal and Compliance Team and any other relevant teams involved with AML Business-Wide Risk Assessment.
- Updating AML Policies and Procedures as a result of AML Business-Wide Risk Assessment and recommending the Governance Teams changes and updates for approval.
- Continuously reviewing AML systems and controls and the technology providers utilised for effectiveness and suitability to regulatory expectations and to meet best industry standards.
Evaluate and monitor the adequacy of AML policies, procedures, forms and any other internal controls and mechanisms to ensure full compliance with regulatory obligations of MarTrust Europe and ensure the team perform the following processes correctly and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations:
- Sanctions Screening Process:
- Assess screening alerts and eliminate false positives as appropriate;
- Transaction Monitoring Process:
- Reviewing rules in place are effective and suitable;
- Creating new rules to be used in effective transaction monitoring;
- Customer Onboarding Process;
- Customer Review Process:
- Periodic Customer Reviews;
- Event-driven Customer Reviews;
- Any other Compliance-relevant Process.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the CCO, the MLROs and/or the BoD in relation to other management information related to compliance function and MLRO related activities.
- Assisting the Chief Compliance Officer and the BoD as and when required:
- Management and delivery of ad-hoc projects;
- Onboarding of banking partners, insurers, and any other relevant providers; and
- Assistance with any other matters to ensure development of Compliance framework is achieved accordingly.
- Ensuring the continuous professional development is achieved by the following:
- Following updates of relevant laws, regulations, and other industry developments;
- Attending conferences, webinars, courses etc;
- Presenting relevant and local regulatory changes to the Chief Compliance Officer.
This is what we need from you:
- ICA / ACAMS Certified
- Undergraduate Degree (at minimum)
- Minimum of 4 years AML experience within a financial institution/fintech/ regulated entity in the UK
- Minimum of 2 years of Compliance testing experience
- Knowledge of cross-border payments, e-money and other financial services;
- AML Risk Assessment Methodology;
- Compliance Monitoring Testing Methodology;
- Strong technical knowledge of AML systems and controls (and relevant technology/providers), especially for the following:
- Real-time sanctions transaction screening;
- Real-time AML transaction screening (based on rule sets);
- Post-transaction AML monitoring (based on rule sets, AI);
- AML screening of Customers (sanctions, adverse media, PEP);
- Drafting and reviewing AML policies and procedures transposing existing or future regulations / recommendations;
- Maintaining existing policies repository;
- Driving change, through identification of gaps and proposing improvements;
- Thinking critically, autonomously and communicate ideas clearly with other departments and teams in order to ensure that gaps identified are being remediated accordingly and in a timely fashion.
THE STRENGTH OF THE MARCURA BRAND BEHIND YOU
MarTrust is a successful business unit of the Marcura Group. Marcura is led by the two visionary entrepreneurs who founded the company 21 years ago. Their original mission, which we uphold today, is to streamline digital processes in the globally impacting shipping industry. We do this by putting our customers first.
As an established, successful, diverse and energetic Group, we have developed a series of transformative products/brands specifically for the maritime industry which kill analog drag via digitalization.
Global and growing
- Our 700+ customers are based in 53 countries.
- Our 100+ strong team works in 25 countries.
Asa Group, we’re actively developing new products and new product features, and we are targeting continued and significant growth in 2023 and 2024!
You and Marcura
So far, we’ve done a pretty good job with significant growth and market leading products. But we’re even more ambitious now than ever. With big future growth plans we have vacancies for some new teammates with big talents and expertise. In short: We’ve got big plans.
To be passionate about our customers, we need to be passionate about hiring (and keeping) the best talent. That’s hopefully where you come in.
If you are talented and passionate about digital transformation, tech, platforms, SaaS, customer service, and excellence we’d be pleased to hear from you.
Remote excellence – work from home
Four years ago, we transitioned to a fully remote working setup for all our team members around the world. Working from home:
- Allows our team members to have the flexibility of working from home (knowing they are fully supported by their colleagues, managers, and service teams, like IT and HR)
- This means that Marcura and our group companies can recruit globally, wherever the candidate calls homein our entity countries spread across the globe.
- We call our working from home practice ‘remote excellence’ because our ambition is to be the best possible remote organisation
Marcura and diversity and inclusion
We’re 100% committed to preserving our culture of inclusion and diversity. We’re all different. This makes us stronger as a company and helps to ensure we serve our diverse customers in the best possible way. We’re committed to hiring the best people for the jobs we have. And then making sure they’re happy and can prosper. We’ve made good progress already on gender diversity, a particular issue in the shipping industry. We welcome applications from people with disabilities, who may appreciate the flexibility of our remote excellence policy (work from home). So, if you see a job, you think fits your skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Some of the MarTrust benefits
When you join MarTrust, and the Marcura Group, you can look forward to a the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary.
- A customer-facing remote-first organisation that allows you to work from the comfort of your home. We’ll take care of setting up your home office IT and provide a monthly remote work allowance.
- An extensive and inclusive onboarding process, ensuring you hit the ground running and achieve success in no time.
- Flexibility to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Employment with a local team, while being part of a global and ambitious organisation.
- A modern performance management framework designed to support your monthly growth and unleash your maximum potential.
- A vibrant working culture and the opportunity to collaborate with international players in the Banking, Payments, and Shipping industries.
Here are some of the great things about working at MarTrust:
- already a successful company;
- growing company, launching new products, always improving and investing;
- really great, fun people in the team (but you’ll have to take our word for that until you start!);
- global mindset, strong values and passionate colleagues from all over the world;
- innovative approach to customers, our platforms and services backed by an ambitious organisation;
- digital work environment that’s constantly developing to drive excellence for our customers and our organisation; and
- modern communication and collaboration tools for our virtual support of customers and each other.
Are you ready to make a lasting impact on the maritime industry while enjoying the perks of an innovative and rapidly expanding company?
Join us on this exhilarating, high-growth journey – We would love to hear from you!