Our client, a leading organization in finance, technology and financial news sector, is looking for diligent, highly motivated and talented KYC Clint Onboarding Analyst to join their dynamic KYC department in London. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to their thriving KYC function and play a pivotal role in the on-boarding and maintenance of corporate and professional clients.
The role will include onboarding new clients, conducting periodic reviews based on significant events, and analyzing corporate structures to ensure compliance. You will be responsible to accurately risk assess new and existing clients through conducting Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Sanctions, and Adverse Media screening and escalating potential AML concerns to senior management while at the same time ensuring a seamless on-boarding and on-going review processes to the clients.
The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the front-to-end customer due diligence process using risk-based approach and be well versed with legal entity types across different jurisdictions. The candidate should demonstrate strong competent knowledge of current UK and EU regulatory requirements and relevant financial industry know-how concerning the Customer Due Diligence, employing a risk-based methodology and AML standards. Applicants should have extremely good communication skills and should have the ability to multi-task, attention to detail and maintain focus and motivation while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Onboard new clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Conduct periodic reviews triggered by significant events.
- Analyze corporate structures and validate documentation to ensure compliance with internal procedures.
- Accurately assess the risk associated with new and existing clients and address any issues as needed.
- Identify potential AML concerns and escalate to appropriate senior management during the on-boarding and ongoing review process.
- Identify potential Anti-Money Laundering (AML) concerns and escalate them to senior management during both the onboarding and ongoing review processes.
- Respond to client enquiries, assisting on client calls when necessary.
- Perform Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Sanction and Adverse Media screening and analyse the results to eliminate or confirm matches.
- Perform client static data updates within the internal systems.
- Collaborate with the broader Compliance team to provide compliance support across the various businesses operated by Client.
- Develop and conduct training for sales and team members as and when necessary.
- Engage with different internal stakeholders for smooth onboarding of clients or other compliance related approvals.
- Engage directly with clients in EMEA region and assist with client queries.
- At least 2-4* years of experience in KYC/AML.
- Knowledge of standard Anti-Money Laundering (AML) prerequisites, including JMLSG (Joint Money Laundering Steering Group) guidelines and Money Laundering Regulations.
- Experience of analysing complex company legal structures.
- Understanding of risk assessment matrix.
- Prior experience in performing client categorization based on the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) Conduct of Business Sourcebook.
- Experience with PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media screening.
- Experience of onboarding a variety of legal entity types from EMEA countries.
- Familiarity with (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) Client Categorization procedure.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance for Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
- Experience in implementation of new KYC processes.
- In-House Financial Services experience and high proficiency in Microsoft excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Verbal & Written) and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines / set targets and committed to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- Great attention to detail and motivated to thrive in a fast pace changing environment.
- Knowledge of any European language would be a plus.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community, regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and transgender status.
Unfortunately, we are only able to contact applicants who are successful to interview stage.