DNA Synthesis Technician
£ Competitive depending on skills, background and experience
Our Cambridge-based Partner is hiring for a DNA Synthesis Technician to join their existing team of skilled and experienced Scientists. They require an individual who wants to work in a multidisciplinary environment, with products in development and is motivated by a hands-on role.
- Efficient reagent management for the lab – making up solutions, reagents and buffers according to specific SOPs and recipes
- Running DNA synthesiser prototypes according to the SOP
- Equipment calibration, verification, priming and performing regular quality checks
- Lab husbandry duties such as stock management for reagents, batch tracking and placing orders for lab stock with approved suppliers
- Any other ad hoc lab management duties which arise to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the facility
- BSc or equivalent in a Chemistry discipline, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of laboratory health and safety protocols especially in respect of handling of chemical reagents
- Strong command of MS Office including Word and Excel and databases/LIMS/QMS or sample management systems
- Solutions-focused and methodical
- It would be helpful though not essential, to have experience of using automated synthesisers and conducting lab tests within a manufacturing or production setting
If the above-mentioned role sounds like your next move within the industry then please apply here or contact / for more information.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.