Financial Crime Officer with a Leading International Bank, London.
We are delighted to be partnering with one of Europe’s leading banks headquartered here in London, searching for a Financial Crime Officer.
Reporting to the MLRO, the Financial Crime Officer will enhance the advisory, monitoring, and training processes related to the financial crime oversight framework. You will assist the MLRO with monitoring and oversight of AML, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks. This role will also require working with the MLRO to establish good working relations with Head Office Compliance and Security Intelligence Management to ensure that global policies are understood and reflect local UK requirements.
- Assist the MLRO with providing the business and support functions with a proactive and expert financial crime advice
- Undertake financial crime monitoring activities, as directed by the MLRO in the annual financial crime monitoring plan
- Undertake ad hoc client file reviews in relation to emerging risks or concerns
- Assist the MLRO in maintaining adequate policies and procedures sufficient to achieve compliance and regulatory obligations
- Provide input on periodic dashboard and MI reporting to assist the MLRO report on the key MI metrics relating to financial crime matters
- Produce written reports on specific client file reviews for the MLRO
- On a systematic basis, and in line with the monitoring plan, identify and assess financial crime risks.
- Keep well-informed with current EU, FCA, ECB, AML and Financial Crime regulations
- Support the business with financial crime training
- Degree educated, or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- 5 years+ AML and Financial Crime experience
- Proven financial crime expertise and AML expertise in a financial services environment
- Ability to undertake AML & financial crime monitoring activities and produce written recommendations
- Significant experience managing anti-financial crime processes at an FCA-regulated firm
- Financial Crime monitoring experience; experience executing a financial crime monitoring plan
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work independently, but a strong team player
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication abilities
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Practical and proactive approach
This is an excellent opportunity for a financial crime professional looking to expand their knowledge and experience in a broad varied financial crime role. In return, our client offers a competitive salary, performance-based bonuses, and opportunities for career growth and development. If you are a motivated and experienced Financial Crime professional looking for a challenging role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, please contact email@example.com to organise a confidential call.
Coopman is a B.Corp™ Certified, award-winning specialist financial services recruitment firm for front office, risk, compliance & accounting opportunities in Ireland, the UK & Europe. We pride ourselves on our diverse & extensive networks, bringing the very best solutions to the individuals and clients we work with.