Financial Crime & Sanctions Manager
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing & overseeing a Sanctions Function that will be responsible for developing, maintaining and overseeing a sanctions and screening framework that supports and enables the broader business to meet applicable sanctions and screening requirements.
- Develop a sanctions & screening team that is capable of identifying and understanding any applicable relevant expectations. The team will be able to identify and communicate any applicable expectations throughout the broader business, and provide timely feedback on any queries or matters escalated.
- Develop, communicate and implement a sanctions and screening strategy, framework and policy that is risk based and suitably mitigates the risk of breaching sanctions or screening associated financial crime risks.
- Oversee the on-going suitability, performance and accuracy of any sanction screening software used.
- Oversee and ensure delivery of effective and efficient outsourced sanctions screening operations.
- Develop and deliver a training and understanding programme in respect of sanctions and screening related requirements.
- Experience of managing compliance with the UK financial sanctions regime within a second line compliance function in a General Insurance broker.
- Strong knowledge of FCA requirements in respect of sanctions.
- Experience of managing a team.