Financial Crime Systems Lead (AVP) required for a leading bank based in London.
As the bank’s Financial Crime Systems Lead, you’ll be responsible for leading and managing projects that impact the bank’s financial crime surveillance technology to ensure the business is provided with appropriate guidance to meet its financial crime obligations.
Supporting a Senior Financial Crime Manager, you will be responsible for developing the bank’s financial crime surveillance technology for high-risk customer screening and transaction monitoring, providing technical oversight, and leading financial crime surveillance technology projects and change.
- Formulating and developing requirements, data mapping, and developing efficient and effective process and procedure workflows and controls.
- Implementing harmonisation of surveillance strategies across product lines.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for process efficiencies and contributing to workflow/process change redesign, forming a good understanding of the specific product or process.
- Acting as the data and configuration SME, leading on key refinement activities such as screening reviews from independent external parties and investigating, analysing, and reviewing the effectiveness of the Transaction Monitoring Rules.
- Making recommendations to the MLRO on appropriate and financial crime risk-based amendments to the strategy.
- Managing and updating the TM configurations and thresholds, as well as any custom lists for the bank’s surveillance systems (VBL, Moneybarn, and Gateway) and the auto-alert closure process via regular tuning to ensure regulatory compliance and optimum operational efficiency.
- Make risk-based proposals based on new rules, settings, logic, and thresholds in line with the group’s commitment to identify, detect, and prevent money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Produce and present detailed reports to governance committees such as the Financial Crime Change Forum, which is attended by management up to SMF-level from the 1st and 2nd lines of defence, if changes and/or efficiencies are identified.
- As this is a technical, financial crime role focusing on the systems, you will need to be able to use one of the following: SQL, SAS, or Python.
This is an exceptional bank with excellent career progression & development opportunities. The team are exceptional and you’d be working with a very experienced Manager.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to apply, please submit your CV. Alternatively, call Pritesh Chudasama on 0203 637 1607 for a confidential conversation.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, I may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.