Purpose of Job
- Support delivery of the overall Financial Crime Fin Crime transformation projects across Sanctions, Money Laundering and Fraud
- Support specialised data analysis across payment data, list data and client data.
- Support request related to technical or Fin Crime audits and related remediation requests.
- Support all technical deliveries related to strategic system and process operating model updates.
- Support the documentation and definition of the required technical documentations independently, including data dictionary, existing technical processes across Sanctions screening, Transaction Monitoring and Fraud systems.
- Provide 3LoD BAU support on the key fin crime application (as above)
- Support strategic system upgrades, regression testing and new system selection RFPs / PoC.
As Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation continues its commitment to excellence and innovation in the financial sector, the role as Assistant Vice President – technical Analyst (Fin Crime) holds a pivotal position within our dynamic organization.
Joining as a specialised IT Fin Crime team, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in upholding the highest standards of regulatory Fin Crime across our global operations. This role offers an opportunity to work alongside a matured team with specialised Fin Crime application and infrastructure knowledge to ensure seamless integration of Fin Crime requirements into our IT processes. The AVP will contribute to our ongoing success by optimizing IT infrastructure, mitigating risks, and fostering a culture of Fin Crime and continuous improvement. If you are a results-oriented professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position in a globally recognized institution, we invite you to explore this exciting opportunity.
Facts / Scale
- Team members: Join a dedicated IT Fin crime division consisting of 5 members so far, each bringing unique expertise to ensure regulatory adherence.
- Collaborative Relationship: Work closely with Fin Crime and Operations to ensure requirements and projects are delivered successfully.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensure all deliverables meets SMBC internal standards, industry best practice within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication to all key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the project deliverables related to assigned initiatives.
- Responsible for the IT related risks, issues and ensure appropriate escalation to appropriate management.
- Support strategic discussion and propose appropriate recommendation to IT management.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in fighting Fin crime.
- BAU support
- Responsible for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, data analysis related to the BAU support request.
- Ensure appropriate tracking and escalation of IT related risks and issue observed
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Financial Crime applications SME
Must demonstrate solid experience (3 years minimum) in supporting / hands-on technical experience in one of the following reputable Sanctions Screening, Transaction Monitoring and Fraud systems:
- Fircosoft Trust / Continuity
- Actimize SAM v8+
- Actimize Fraud
Infrastructure and data analysis SME
- Must demonstrate solid experience in understanding ETL, data extraction and analysis using SQL
- Must demonstrate solid experience in scripting and running of Linux operating system (OS)