Are you experienced in Fingerprint Enhancement and have a passion for Quality?
Are you looking for a challenge or to expand your knowledge and experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to give something back to the forensic community?
UKAS is seeking independent Technical Assessors in the field of Fingerprint Enhancement.
Technical Assessors are part of a team of individuals which go into an organisation to confirm conformity and compliance to specific accreditation standards.
Playing a pivotal role our Technical assessors witness activities in the laboratory and review examination records and reports commenting on competency and compliance to their procedures. In addition, technical assessors will review organisations documentation and records to confirm effective implementation of the system (including competency and validation records).
Training is provided in the relevant conformity assessment standard (ISO/IEC 17025, ILAC G19, FSR Code) and through the attendance at a UKAS training course.
In order for an individual to be considered as a suitable candidate they should have the following:
- A number of years practical experience, preferably at a senior level, and possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge of the requirements of the Criminal Justice System.
- A high degree of knowledge and experience with respect to the processes involved in setting case strategies, applying enhancement techniques, undertaking laboratory examinations, image capture, and reporting findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff and management at all levels.
Additionally, applicants would benefit from:
- A working knowledge of the international standards ISO/IEC 17025, although training will be available.
- Familiarity with ILAC G19:06/2022 Modules in a Forensic Science Process.
- Familiarity with the Forensic Science Regulator: Code of Practice including relevant appendices.
- Experience of internal or external auditing.