FinTech Payments Firm
Regulatory Compliance Associate (Manager)
£70k – £80k
Soho, London (3 days per week)
Experienced Regulatory Compliance and AML specialist with a background working for an EMI, API or banking regulated entity.
The perfect candidate will come from a FinTech Payments background with good knowledge of cards acquiring/issuing business.
The Regulatory Compliance Associate will report to the Head of Compliance (HOC) and work closely with our HOC & Deputy MLRO (DMLRO) to guide, advise, and inform the business on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements.
With multiple products and services provided by my client, the Regulatory Compliance Associate will be responsible for supporting the development of a robust Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance programme, and continuously assessing my clients compliance with its regulatory obligations while supporting the business strategic and commercial plans.
The role is hybrid with flexibility to work from home and our Brighton or
London Offices, or such other place as the Company may reasonably require on a
temporary or permanent basis.
40 hours per week, with the flexibility to provide service and availability
dependent upon the operational needs of the business.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below the job holder is required
to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Responsibilities and principal tasks
- Support the HOC & DMLRO in leading the business AML, Compliance and
- Regulatory projects.
- Support the design and implement frameworks, policies, procedures, processes,
- and systems in coordination with CCO/DMLRO.
- Support the business Compliance Monitoring Programme and perform internal
- quality assurance work for financial crime functions as required.
- Support the design and review AML monitoring policies and procedures when
- Support the reporting and investigation of possible instances of money
- laundering, suspicious activity, or fraud.
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from internal
- and external stakeholders).
- Support the effective use of transaction monitoring for AML and Fraud
- prevention purposes.
- Assist with the identification, evaluation, monitoring, and mitigation of
- operational risks; and proactively suggest improvements.
- Help Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and develop/implement
- pragmatic corrective action plans.
- Devise and deliver relevant training to the business and its partner.
- FCA regulatory reporting – ongoing management of reporting
- Training development and delivery – also management of training courses
- including testing and audit.
- Management information – support the development of accurate and timely
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of AML requirements including Economic Sanction laws
- and regulations.
- Extensive experience in the practical application of compliance regulations,
- including AML, PSD, and GDPR.
- Similar experience in AML role or as a Senior Compliance/Assurance
- manager in a consumer facing EMI, API or banking regulated entity, preferably
- regulated by the FCA.
- Experience working closely with senior business leaders and approaching
- Compliance with a strategic and commercial mindset.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of card scheme rules is advantageous.
- Qualifications and education:
- A recognised AML and Financial Crime related industrial
- qualification is essential.
- A degree level qualification would be advantageous.
- Personal attributes:
- Strong customer focus – ensuring the best possible outcome for the
- customer and the business.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the
- people they work with. • Extensive experience in the practical application
- of compliance regulations.