Pen Test Partners is an innovative and dynamic thinking organisation committed to providing a supportive environment, where our people can not only thrive but actively participate in shaping PTP’s culture and direction.
With over 120 employees across pen testing, consultancy, digital forensics, sales and support functions, we pride ourselves in attracting the right people and providing them with the environment to develop and perform at their best. Going the extra mile to work on cool research, publish and promote expert cyber security knowledge and deliver outstanding work for our customers, all in support of our industry.
We have ambitious plans and therefore are growing our team and seeking an experienced DFIR Analyst to expand their skills and join our experienced team.
We are seeking a skilled Digital Forensic and Incident Response Analyst with a robust background in system administration and networking with a security focus. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in investigating cyber incidents, mitigating threats, and implementing proactive measures. Proficiency in handling DDoS attacks, coupled with a keen understanding of threat intelligence, is essential.
- Conduct digital forensics investigations to analyse and respond to cyber incidents.
- Collaborate with client cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate security threats promptly.
- Utilise knowledge of system administration and networking to lead mitigation and containment strategies during an active incident.
- Lead Investigations and response to incidents related to DDoS attacks, good understanding of WAF and Firewall capabilities.
- Maintain internal incident response plans, playbooks, and procedures for effective handling of security incidents.
- Stay current with emerging threats and vulnerabilities, providing insights to enhance proactive security measures.
- Work closely with threat intelligence sources to stay informed about the evolving cybersecurity landscape.
- Support the development of new product offerings along with necessary documentation such as data sheets and methodologies.
- Perform compromise assessments via agent based, forensic collectors and log queries.
- Deliver training and paper-based assessments to clients.
- Proven experience in digital forensics and incident response.
- Strong background in system administration and networking.
- Familiarity with threat intelligence sources and the ability to translate intelligence into actionable responses.
- Proficiency in using forensic tools and methodologies.
- Certifications such as GCFA, GCIH, CISSP, Microsoft, Cisco or equivalent are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to incidents in a timely manner.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance and Healthcare Benefit on completion of probation
- Group personal pension
- Financing available for training and conference attendance
- EV lease salary sacrifice scheme on completion of probation
- An environment where you can flourish, learn, and grow, as a person not just as an employee
You’ll be working from home, though some onsite travel to client sites (including international) may be required. Although we are a remote working company, we pay for our teams to meet regularly throughout the year holding local and company meet ups.
Candidates must hold the right to work in the UK.