Senior Financial Crime Analyst
£450 per day Via Umbrella
My globally recognised financial banking client is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join their Financial Crime Team as a Senior Financial Crime Analyst, with a primary focus on sanctions. As a key member of their team, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Financial Crime Manager and the wider Compliance team. This role offers a hybrid work schedule, with 2 days based in the London office and 3 days working remotely, from Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
About the role
The Senior Financial Crime Analyst will provide essential support on various financial crime aspects, with a particular emphasis on sanctions. The role involves collaborating with the Financial Crime Manager and the Compliance team to identify, assess, and manage risks. Additionally, the role may encompass involvement in financial crime investigations, AML, third-party payments, anti-bribery and corruption, and fraud prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Financial Crime Manager and Compliance team to offer support, advice, and guidance on financial crime, particularly in relation to sanctions.
- Report to the Financial Crime Director on sanctions and AML processes and serve as a point of escalation within the financial crime team.
- Provide specialised sanctions and AML advice to divisional staff, considering business/consumer needs, external best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to financial crime projects and offer work stream support on business-led and M&A integration projects.
- Conduct research and provide policy advice on sanctions and AML-related issues, including legal and regulatory developments.
- Respond to complex enquiries and perform risk assessments on new trading partner relationships to identify sanctions and AML concerns.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of financial crime training and awareness initiatives.
- Aid in embedding sanctions and AML-related policies within the UK business.
- Assist in the delivery of Financial Crime Risk Assessments, particularly regarding sanctions elements.
- Act as an escalation point for the resolution of sanctions screening alerts from the FinScan system.
- Evaluate new products, services, clients, and geographies to determine the level of sanctions and AML risk, updating policies and procedures accordingly.
- Provide support to the team on financial crime investigations as needed.
- Maintain financial crime logs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector, including a broking environment and Employee Benefits is desirable.
- Experience in providing sanctions advice to business units.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed technical knowledge of the UK regulatory framework as it applies to insurance brokers, with a focus on financial crime risk.
- Ability to deal constructively with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to distil complex issues into succinct messages and present confidently to internal and external stakeholders.
- Capability for robust dialogue and hands-on practical problem-solving.
- Ability to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of financial, operational, regulatory, and technology controls.
If you haven’t received a response from us within 48 hours, your application may not have been successful on this occasion. However, we will retain your details for future opportunities.
Adecco is an employment consultancy. We put expertise, energy, and enthusiasm into improving everyone’s chance of being part of the workplace. We respect and appreciate people of all ethnicities, generations, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, and more. We do this by showcasing their talents, skills, and unique experience in an inclusive environment that helps them thrive.
If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for financial crime analysis, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us in our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of compliance and contributing to the success of our client.