This vacancy is for Oracle Financial Services Software, a separate company and majority-owned subsidiary of Oracle Corporation.
Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU) is a world leader in providing IT solutions to the financial services industry. Oracle’s customers include ten of the top ten global banks, ten of the top ten insurance companies, ten of the top ten securities firms, five of the top five mutual fund companies and four of the top five World stock exchanges. With the experience of delivering value-based IT solutions to over 840 financial institutions in over 130 countries, the FSGBU understands the specific challenges that financial institutions face: the need for building customer intimacy and competitive advantage through cost-effective solutions while, simultaneously, adhering to the stringent demands of a dynamic regulatory environment. Our solutions have the world’s most comprehensive and contemporary banking applications and provide a technology footprint that addresses their complex IT and business requirements
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) Suite of products that is geared to address the Finance, Risk Data Management and Financial Crime technology landscape today supports some of the largest Global Tier 1 institutions in meeting the challenges of the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
For more information, please visit FCCM (Financial Crime and Compliance Management)
What You’ll Do
· Develop and execute Go to market plans to achieve and exceed sales targets and drive Market growth and expansion.
· Maintain and Build an in-depth understanding of the Financial Crime and Compliance market and changing technology landscape
· Build relationships and establish communications at the highest executive levels in your accounts and Markets to understand their business and technology challenges and priorities
· Develop and maintain key account and opportunity plans for the most critical medium to high value opportunities.
· Understand the formal and informal buying process in the customer’s environment – the influencers, gatekeepers, decision makers, budget holders and procurement – and develop strategies for each to mitigate risk and increase deal confidence
· Manage the closing process including negotiations, terms and conditions, and procurement activities
· Consistently communicate and brainstorm with your colleagues, extended team and drive feedback into management around all aspects of account, opportunity and market development.
· Leverage the power of the wider Oracle Ecosystem – work closely with your technology, application colleagues, Key Account Directors and Local Country Oracle management teams.
· Collaborate with Marketing, Product and Customer Success to develop a sustainable “value proposition” to drive positive sales outcomes and deepen market presence
· Participate and drive customer engagement at conferences, Industry events and seminars in your respective territory.
· Develop a 5x 12-month pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet and exceed your quota targets
· Effectively and rigorously use Oracle CRM system to maintain and manage your pipeline for end to end opportunity management and to ensure effective cadence on deal forecasting.
· Build, Manage and Enable your partner ecosystem – regional and international consulting partners and SI’s – to be your voice to market/ customer.
· Build a deep understanding of your competitive landscape – the known and unknowns
· Travel commitment – approximately 50 – 60% of time.
What You’ll Bring
– Successfully sold Enterprise class applications into Financial Institutions
– Strong understanding of Financial Crime and Compliance technology or Related Enterprise class analytical applications- Fraud detection, Big Data analytics.
– You have a strong orientation towards Data Science (ML, AI), Graph and related analytical technology.
– Proven consultative and solution sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate and build clear and concise return on investment value statements.
– Structure business problems and jointly arrive at viable solution approaches alongside solution and product teams
– Ability to manage complex and long tail sales cycles along with the ability to provide coordination, leadership and direction to your extended team/ colleagues
– Strong time management and ability to effectively work under pressure in a fast paced complex and global sales environment.
– Ability to own, control and manage complex customer negotiation cycles with procurement, legal and executive leadership teams on the path to contract close.
– Strong orientation to internal team communication, continuous collaboration and establishing transparency amongst stakeholders.
– Ability to manage complex and wide ranging internal processes within the Oracle structures
– Ability to make sense of ambiguity, think on your feet and maintain objectivity while solving problems through long drawn out sales cycles and processes
– Willingness to continuously learn and ideate new ideas and solution approaches with your External (Customer/Partners) and Internal stakeholders
– Clarity of thought and crisp structured communication is tantamount
– Strong Spoken and Written Communication and Interpersonal skills.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).