Taylor Rose MW is a Top 60 Law firm with a national footprint across the UK. We are committed to developing our employees and to delivering outstanding service to our customers. Our vision is to continue to deliver #smart #modern #law and to embrace and develop our employees through their legal career.
Working closely with the Head of Department for Crime & Extradition we are seeking a Solicitor to assist in our Warrington Office, you will be a qualified solicitor keen to secure a role with one of the fastest growing Law Firms in the UK. We will give you a platform to elevate your career and support you through your ambitions within TRMW.
To undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to a successful Crime team undertaking Duty Solicitor responsibilities by inclusion on the relevant duty rota’s for Courts and Police Stations, as well as being a panel member for Legal Aid work.
This role involves but is not limited to:
- Manage a full caseload and ongoing work coming into the department.
- Magistrate and Crown Court casework, police station and prison attendance.
- Conduct matters on behalf of clients and keep them regularly informed as to progress on a wide range of criminal matters.
- A strong advocate with Higher Rights of Audience.
- Ability to interview Clients and witnesses.
- Providing written advice and drafting legal documents.
- Sound knowledge of Criminal law with at least 1 year PQE.
- Flexibility to travel, attend courts and work out of hours as required, with additional payment for out of hours police station work.
- Maintain accreditation and CPD.
- Maintaining departmental standards, procedures and policies (Lexcel).
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Dealing with queries raised by Clients on particular matters.
- Performing and achieving against billing targets.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of the Company’s and Client’s documentation and information.
- Exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Attend departmental meetings when required.
- Submitting required documents to court prior to trial.
- Minimum 1 year legal crime experience
- Ability to use case management systems
- High standard of computer literacy
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must have good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A natural problem solver
Company Core Values:
Aspire: To challenge convention, an entrepreneur with energy for change. To be the best we can be.
Innovate: To creatively evolve our working practices, use our revenue and resources in a virtuous cycle of improving our people, systems and growth.
Integrate: Bring together people and systems into a cohesive force.
Commit: To work with integrity and invest in long term relationships, creating a strong market position and delivering sustained commercial advantage.