BSA/AML Analyst – To $80K– Oak Grove, GA – Job # 3073
Who We Are
The Symicor Group is a boutique talent acquisition firm based in Lincolnshire, IL & San Antonio, TX. Our nationally unique value proposition centers around providing the very best available banking and accounting talent. In fact, most of our recruiters are former bankers or accountants themselves!
We know how to evaluate the very best banking and accounting talent available in the market. Whether you are a candidate seeking a new opportunity or a bank or company president trying to fill an essential position, The Symicor Group stands ready to deliver premium results for you.
Our community bank client is seeking to fill a BSA/AML Analyst role in the Oak Grove, GA market. This position will be responsible for investigating moderately complex money laundering schemes requiring proficient experience in conducting investigations.
The position includes a generous salary of up to $80K and an attractive full-benefits program. (This is not a remote position).
BSA/AML Analyst responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Compliance Department in implementing the Bank’s overall compliance program as set forth in the Board of Directors’ Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Policy, as amended from time to time.
- Assisting the BSA Officer in the identification and review of customers who present a higher-than-normal BSA/AML/OFAC compliance risk.
- Preparing detailed and comprehensive investigation reports.
- Assisting in SAR preparation and electronic filing.
- Performing moderately complex investigations of suspicious activities (e.g., terrorist financing, money laundering fraud schemes, structuring, and illegal money service businesses) with a primary focus on money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act issues.
- Identifying weaknesses in Bank policy and procedures which may place the Bank at financial risk and suggesting improvements to those policies and procedures.
- Performing all the tasks associated with the thorough investigation of reported suspicious activity including, conducting interviews, collecting data, compiling documentation and evidence, maintaining accurate notes, developing initial and ongoing reports of investigations, and completing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) accurately and within established timeframes.
- Navigating the Bank’s data systems to retrieve and review transactional activity and information.
- Reviewing branch transactions and CTR preparation and files electronically as applicable.
- Attending Branch Manager meetings, as requested by the BSA Officer, to provide updates on the current activities occurring that may impact their areas of responsibility.
- Preparing and maintaining reports for tracking exceptions noted during compliance reviews.
- Assisting the BSA Officer in performing OFAC scans on International ACH Transactions, wire transfers, bank customers, trust holders, employees, and vendors.
- Assisting the BSA Officer in working with the Education Department in implementing appropriate mandatory training programs on the requirements of the BSA/AML Policy, and the BSA/AML/OFAC Laws and Regulations.
- Performing such other duties as are set forth in the BSA/AML Policy or as may be assigned by the BSA Officer or Compliance Manager.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Four-year degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Criminal Justice, or related field or equivalent job experience preferred. (Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required).
- Two or more years of experience working with SAR investigations, security operations, and/or fraud prevention.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and compliance techniques for the financial services industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the material requirements of Consumer Compliance and BSA/AML/OFAC Laws and Regulations.
- Ability to understand complex legal and regulatory issues and laws.
- Understanding of methodologies for researching and analyzing compliance issues.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of various regulatory agencies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to: