BSA/AML Compliance Officer – To $90K – Dallas, TX – Job # 3145
Who We Are
The Symicor Group is a boutique talent acquisition firm based in Lincolnshire, IL & San Antonio, TX. Our nationally unique value proposition centers around providing the very best available banking and accounting talent. In fact, most of our recruiters are former bankers or accountants themselves!We know how to evaluate the very best banking and accounting talent available in the market. Whether you are a candidate seeking a new opportunity or a bank or company president trying to fill an essential position, The Symicor Group stands ready to deliver premium results for you.
Our client is seeking to fill a BSA/AML Compliance Officer role in the greater Dallas, TX market. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of effective Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance programs for the bank ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.The position offers a generous salary of up to $90K and a full benefits package. (This is not a remote position.)BSA /AML Compliance Officer responsibilities include:
- Leading and growing the BSA function at the bank.
- Assisting in growing and developing the Compliance Office with direct attention to the BSA, Security, and Internal Audit procedures and policies – including but not limited to the audit of loan files, security, and cash.
- Completing the BSA / AML Audits and addressing any related follow-up items.
- Serving as an internal auditor. Including, but not limited to, assessing operational risk at the branch level, cash counts, second reviews for new accounts, secondary post-closing reviews, etc.
- Providing follow-up and documentation for exception reporting.
- Maintaining a current thorough understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal activities and developing trends.
- Developing and delivering staff with BSA/AML/OFAC training.
- Identifying weaknesses in practice and procedure and recommending solutions that increase the level of compliance without unnecessarily burdening the business unit.
- Providing compliance assistance and information to all departments/functional units within the Bank.
Who Are You?
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of prior experience in regulatory matters is required.
- BSA/AML certifications are preferred.
- Familiarity with the Fiserv core system and reports is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Anti-Money Laundering compliance statutes and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret statutes and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in all programs within Microsoft Office.
- Ability to relate to individuals at all levels within the organization as well as with regulatory agencies and external contacts.
The next step is yours. Email us your current resume along with the position you are considering to:firstname.lastname@example.org