Department: Member Operations
At Tide, we are building a finance & admin platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Launched in 2017, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 575,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 200,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has over 1,600 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
About the role
A KYC (Know Your Customer) Analyst is a professional responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations and policies related to customer identification and due diligence in the First line of Defence to fight against financial crime. The primary role of a KYC analyst is to verify the identity of customers, assess the risks associated with their activities, and monitor transactions to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud and other financial crimes. By conducting cross-platform research, including investigations on platforms such as Company's House and social media, you will gather client-specific analysis for KYC purposes and fulfill the requisite onboarding due diligence.
KYC analysts play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of financial systems and preventing illicit activities. Their work is essential for financial institutions, fintech companies, and other entities subject to KYC regulations.
Some tasks you will be undertaking:
- Verify the identity of new customers by collecting and analyzing relevant documentation, such as government-issued IDs, proof of address, and business registration documents by collecting the information through emails and certain internal platforms
- Assess the risk associated with each customer based on factors such as their industry, geographic location, transaction patterns, and the nature of their business activities.
- Liaising with the KYC policies and procedures to ensure a consistent understanding of compliance requirements throughout
- Conduct thorough due diligence on all customers to ensure that their business activities align with legal and regulatory requirements. This may involve CDD and EDD procedures in the review
- Recognizing areas for enhancement to improve both efficiency and the overall member experience.
- Extending assistance whenever required within the business.
What are we looking for?
- You excel in taking initiative and exhibit a natural curiosity about the entire KYC principles and processes
- Ideally, you possess over a year of work experience in KYC/compliance, preferably within a highly regulated environment.
- You demonstrate a clear understanding and effective application of the regulatory requirements in the UK.
- You possess a robust understanding and hands-on experience with CDD and EDD processes.
- You bring prior experience in working with Google Sheets.
- You possess an analytical mindset, capable of digesting large datasets and effortlessly identifying patterns and trends.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both in written and verbal form.
- You demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively within a team, make impactful decisions, pursue goals with determination, proactively address challenges, and adapt seamlessly to various people and working styles.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- The opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing global fintechs that is transforming the business banking and SME market!
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, our core principles are putting our Members first and being Data driven yet above all, we operate as ‘One Team.’ While we embrace a remote-first approach, our offices are readily accessible and furnished to the highest standards for occasions when you wish to connect with colleagues, collaborate with your team, or simply socialize. We provide flexible working hours, placing trust in our employees to perform their tasks effectively at times that align with both their preferences and team needs.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our members’ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.