Department: Member Operations (IN)
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
As a KYC Policy & Procedure Lead for India Operations, you would be working on drafting and standardizing key operations policies like KYC, Risk, etc. You’ll be responsible for conducting research, implementing industry best practices and ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements (RBI and others) while policy & procedure writing. You will be a deep subject matter expert in relevant KYC, AML & Financial Crime regulation and be able to interpret relevant regulations and advise on Tide’s approach to meeting them and balancing Tide’s risk appetite and commercial objectives.
You will work closely with the KYC Product function to ensure policies and procedures are correctly translated into product delivery and with the Training and QA function to ensure they are correctly translated into manual processes.
You will also work collaboratively with the 2nd Line of defence to agree policy approach and be able to challenge 2nd LOD recommendations where you believe they are excessive (or indeed not rigorous enough). You’ll support the Head of KYC, KYC Team and the Lead Product Owner with prioritization of work, based on regulatory requirements and risk to Tide.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Documenting and implementing key operations policies like KYC, AML, Risk, Operations etc. as per products & in line with regulatory bodies and are as per stakeholders agreements
- Assessing the efficacy of current policies and procedures – Examining current procedures to ensure they adhere to existing policy and working with teams to agree on and execute modifications to build efficiency.
- Writing end to end Policy, procedures, regulatory research, analysis, presentation & execution
- Interpreting regulations and advising the Head of KYC & KYC Team
- Advising KYC product teams and ensuring that new product build is regulation and policy compliant
- Collaborating with 2nd LOD to agree policy changes and constructively challenge where necessary
- Providing support with audits and oversight from banking partners
- Working with 2LoD Compliance to implement new regulatory requirements within KYC
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a strong understanding of KYC & financial crime including AML controls, terrorist financing, CDD, EDD, watchlists, sanctions and PEP and stay abreast of changes to regulations
- You are well versed with RBI polies (e.g. PPI, Master KYC guidelines, PMLA, RBI policies etc. for reference)
- You have knowledge of transaction fraud and risk in banking & cards
- You are familiar with industry standards, best practices in KYC, financial crime and risk management
- You have the ability to clearly articulate the regulatory risks and trade-offs with different process and procedure options
- You have experience in business banking in a regulated environment/ credit cards/ payments/ fintech
- You are pragmatic and look to find solutions that balance meeting regulatory and internal policy requirements with providing excellent customer service to our members and meeting commercial objectives
- You have the ability to write great, easy to read and digestible policies and procedures which are easily understandable at all level within organization
- You have experience in policy & procedures writing
- You are a MBA graduate (preferred)
- You are a quick learner, explorer, multitasker and flexible with work profile
- You are used to challenging senior stakeholders and remain robust when challenged
- You are willing to on work weekends or as and when required
- You are comfortable working a in dynamic environment which includes change, debate, conflict etc.
- You are a multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.