Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament — and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it's unique:
- Lead and continue to scale a high-performing payments and fraud prevention team, providing mentorship and professional development opportunities to team members
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of comprehensive fraud prevention strategies and policies to safeguard Underdog and our customer’s financial interests and reputation
- Manage and optimize chargeback processes, including dispute resolution and prevention measures, to minimize financial losses and maintain a low chargeback rate
- Ensure accurate and timely payment reconciliation, working closely with various teams to ensure payments align with business objectives and regulatory compliance
- Cultivate and manage relationships with payment providers and staying informed about industry trends and emerging payment technologies
- Develop and implement payment strategies in coordination with our product team that enhance the user experience, including expanding payment options, improving payment processing speed, and streamlining frictionless deposits and withdrawals
- Manage the end-to-end process of deposits and withdrawals, ensuring operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, and a seamless experience for consumers
- Stay up-to-date with payment industry regulations, ensuring Underdog's payment processes remain in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Implement robust monitoring and reporting mechanisms to track payment-related metrics, fraud rates, and financial performance, providing regular updates to the team
Who you are:
- Proven experience (at least 6 years) in fraud prevention and payments, with a minimum of 4 years in a leadership role
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance related to payments and fraud prevention
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop high-performing teams
- Proficiency in using fraud detection tools, analytics, and data-driven decision-making
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to emerging trends and technologies in fraud prevention and payments
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience within the gaming or sports betting industry
- Worked at a B2C company doing significant transactional volume, including offering customer incentives
- Worked cross functionally at a high growth company, including interfacing with customer support, finance, and product
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $190,000 and $240,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.