COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS
Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to top step
2% salary increase effective 2/24/24*
3% salary increase effective 2/22/25 and 2/21/26*
The Sheriff’s Department is recruiting for Criminalist III-DNA Technical Leader to perform the more complex Criminalist III duties of DNA analysis and review of DNA casework, in addition to accountability for DNA laboratory quality assurance requirements; responsibility includes methods and procedures, technical problem solving, and technical oversight of the DNA laboratory, in accordance with the FBI DNA Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories, Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors – Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD-LAB) requirements.
*Official title: Criminalist III
*Salary increases contingent upon Property Related Revenue and/or statewide Realignment Sales Tax Collections performance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Background: Prior to appointment, applicants will be fingerprinted and must pass an extensive background investigation, including a polygraph examination. Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony.
2) Shift: Applicants must be available for all shifts; incumbents will be required to work rotating shifts, or be on call for work, on weekends, holidays, and evenings, including mandatory overtime; refusal of assigned shift may result in removal from the list or termination.
3) License: A valid California Class C Driver License is required at time of appointment. Employees in this class may be required to use personal vehicles and show proof of automobile liability insurance.
3) Physical: Incumbents conducting investigations in the field must be able to climb up and down embankments and hike over rough terrain.
5) Must successfully complete FBI Auditor Training within one year of appointment, or be terminated.
6) Sponsorship: Please note San Bernardino County is not able to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship at the time of application or in the future.