US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 4 – Recreation Center Supervisor
The Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) is seeking an experienced Residential Rehabilitation Counselor Supervisor to join the team at the Pierce County – Total Confinement Facility on McNeil Island, WA!
SCC employees also receive an additional $10 per day premium pay in addition to advertised salary and a free ORCA card for transportation use. Ferry transportation is provided to McNeil Island employees. Evening and Night shifts include a shift differential in addition to the standard compensation rate. Opportunities performed on-site at this work location at least three days a week may be eligible for an additional 5% premium pay in addition to the advertised salary. Join us today on our mission to Transform Lives!
Some of what you will do:
- Ensure staff have read, understand, and apply treatment plans for individual residents
- Ensure residents’ physical needs are met per SCC policy and procedure
- Provide information to residents’ treatment teams regarding resident appropriateness and rule compliance/lack of compliance
- Instruct and encourage residents regarding policies, procedures, protocols, and living unit rules and regulations
- Encourage residents to participate in approved extra-curricular activities
- Provide staff with constructive and timely feedback using authorized methods such as meeting with the staff, writing their evaluations
- Ensure the accurate completion and timely submission of staff payroll
- Provide clear and concise directions to subordinate staff
- Provide counseling and guidance to subordinate staff regarding the implementation of institutional policy and procedures
- Direct the RRC staff in their day-to-day supervision and accountability of SCC residents
- Direct the RRC staff in assuring that residents comply with facility policy, standard operating procedures, unit, and program rules
- Provides ongoing in-service training to RRC staff
- Provides instruction, as directed by the RPD, to new employees undergoing other SCC training
What we’re looking for:
- Must ride a ferry and bus to and from the worksite
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime
- Must be able to pass and perform the physical and knowledge requirements of CPR, first responder level first aid, Level 1 Defensive Tactics, within 90 days of hire, and if necessary Level 2 Defensive Tactics
- Must be able to effectively assist in the restraint of acting out residents
- May be required to work alone while stationed in a living unit or while monitoring resident activities
- May be required to work in areas or units other than the location of the principal assignment
Who should apply?
- A high school diploma or GED and four years of experience in the care of psychiatric patients, residents, or inmates in a behavioral management program, forensic mental health setting, or correctional mental health program
- Two years of experience as a supervisor/lead worker and two years of experience in the care of psychiatric patients, residents, or inmates
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of computer skills including a basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
Please note that College-level coursework in one of the social sciences will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
For more information:
Click here for The Department of Health Agency Affiliated Counselor.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values, and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring equity, anti-racism, and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
For technical support please contact DSHS Recruiter by email and reference #14298.