US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
Psychiatrist (Coalition) – Initial target salary $293,544
Application review begins immediately.
Western State Hospital (WSH) in Lakewood, Washington is looking for Psychiatrists to guide multi-disciplinary inpatient treatment teams on wards dedicated to general adult, geriatric and forensic populations. Strong psychopharmacology skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals are essential. WSH is one of the largest psychiatric hospitals west of the Mississippi River with over 800 beds and about 2500 full-time staff. Join us in Transforming Lives!
Western State Hospital is a psychiatric hospital serving western Washington that provides evaluation and inpatient treatment for adults with serious or long-term behavioral health issues. Psychiatrists provide specialized care to patients on wards in the Center for Forensic Services, on civil admission wards, and on longer-term civil wards for non-geriatric and geriatric adults.
Basic duties include certifying the medical necessity of hospital level of care, prescribing and reviewing appropriate medication and treatment, performing ongoing assessments of the patient’s response to treatments, and developing and reviewing a release plan or justification for continued inpatient status.
We are most interested in applicants who meet the following
- A valid license to practice medicine and surgery in Washington State and successful completion of ACGME approved residency in Psychiatry.
- Strong psychopharmacology skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals are essential.
- H1B/J1 Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an employer, the Department of Social and Health Servicesoffers the following to Psychiatrists:
- Relocation assistance
- $10,000 for Board Certification
- $10,000 incentive for psychiatrists newly hired to DSHS
- Loan forgiveness program available up to $25,000 for qualifying employees
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- $5,000 annual allowance for CME courses
- Employee legal representation and/or indemnification
- Eligible for benefits immediately
- Deferred compensation program
- Five-year retirement vestment
- Career advancement
- Optimal work/life balance
- No mandatory call; 1.25 times regular pay for extra duty, such as voluntary on-call
- Opportunity to work on complex cases
- Free ORCA cards are available for Pierce County employees
- Opportunities performed on-site at this work location at least three days a week may be eligible for an additional 5% premium pay in addition to the advertised salary.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values, and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism, and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Applicants may confidentially apply for this opening by attaching a resume or CV and a letter of interest, or email all documents to Anthony Distefano at email@example.com