US Government, Health and Human Services - Forensic Center
- Full Time
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
This is an entry level position to the Forensic Psychologist Class series. Its primary function is to obtain training and preparation for advancement to an independent level of professional functioning in the provision of psychological services that aid in the assessment, treatment, and management of patients of the Center for Forensic Psychiatry and that aid Michigan courts in adjudicating criminal forensic issues. The following must be successfully completed within a one-year period: 1) relevant training in forensic psychology, including State Of Michigan certification as a Consulting Forensic Psychologist; and 2) full licensure by the State Of Michigan to practice psychology or a passing grade on the Examination for Professional Practice that is mandatory for achieving full licensure. The service population is composed of individuals ranging from late childhood to late adulthood. Staff in this position will attain competencies in the assessment and treatment of various age groups.
Click here to view the Position Description
Click here to view the Job Specification
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on “Apply” in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Meet the Selective Position Requirement (SPR) OR SubClass Code (if applicable).
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar’s signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions