US Government, Health and Human Services - Forensic Center
- Full Time
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
This is a non-professional position performing direct nursing care duties, transportation, and security, at an adult mentally ill forensic facility. Employees are subject to the volatility of psychiatric, forensic patients in a therapeutic inpatient hospital setting. Employees must use some independent judgment in the performance of this work. Error in many areas could cause negative consequences. This work requires skill in working with mentally ill patients, employees and the general public. Requires physical agility in order to respond to a variety of patient care and security related functions. Oversees and participates with patients in therapeutic activities of daily living and diversional activities.
Click here to view the Position Description
Click here to view the Job Specification
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on “Apply” in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Meet the Selective Position Requirement (SPR) OR SubClass Code (if applicable).
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar’s signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions