US Government, 015-Div. of Criminal Investigation-Crime Laboratory
- Full Time
The Division of Criminal Investigation, under the Attorney General’s Office, seeks qualified applicants for the Forensic Specialist position in the Chemistry Unit. This family of positions includes those responsible for handling the physical evidence of a crime in a laboratory setting for agencies of the State of Wyoming. Under general supervision, these positions are responsible for performing specific forensic examinations supporting ongoing criminal investigations, creating written reports outlining those examinations, and presenting the results in court as necessary. In addition, these positions may have some input into setting a budget and ensuring project goals are achieved.
The State of Wyoming’s total compensation package is excellent and includes:
- Paid annual and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Retirement with employer contributions
- Deferred Compensation Plan with employer contributions
- Health insurance with an employer contribution toward premiums
- Insurance options for health, dental, life, vision, ambulance, and short and long-term disability
- Longevity pay
Human Resource Contact: Stacy Berres / 307-777-7130 / email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Performs examinations on evidence leading to forensic conclusions for use in legal proceedings in all types of cases.
- Prepares written reports of forensic analysis and conclusions for use in legal proceedings.
- Examination, identification, and comparison of evidence and/or investigation of various types of crimes.
- Conducts routine examination and/or investigation under direct supervision.
- Demonstrates effective use of case management to meet the case and/or court deadlines.
- May provide expert forensic guidance and advice to judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys to prepare exploratory questions for witnesses.
- Provides testimony in legal proceedings.
- May participate in quality control and quality assurance checks on chemicals, standards, and quality affecting materials used in the respective unit.
- Perform technical and/or administrative review on reports generated by other Unit personnel. May perform technical review and confirmation of identifications and associations on reports in multiple sub-disciplines.
- May testify as an expert witness.
- Conduct field crime scene work to gather and analyze evidence.