US Government, 015-Div. of Criminal Investigation-Crim. Just. Info.
- Full Time
The Division of Criminal Investigation, under the Attorney General’s Office, seeks qualified applicants for the Fingerprint Examiner position. This family of positions includes those who perform examinations, identification, and comparisons of fingerprints. Under supervision, these individuals perform examinations, identification, and comparisons of fingerprints. They have no supervisory or budgetary responsibilities. The ABIS Fingerprint Examiner is responsible for a variety of fingerprint duties, including collecting, classifying, examining, and comparing fingerprints.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Examine, classify, and identify fingerprints utilizing accepted methods and practices.
- Using Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) to process arrest and applicant fingerprint cards received from Wyoming law enforcement agencies and other contributors.
- Capture and collect various biological friction ridges impression such as fingerprints and palm prints through various practices accepted by the fingerprint science community.
- Enter, register, and maintain an electronic image database and manual fingerprint files.
- May be required to testify in court as an expert.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct fingerprint training for a variety of audiences.