US Government, Department of Behavioral Health
Be an agent of change, our doctors work a 4/10 schedule!
|Referral Bonus- SBC employees who refer newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive a referral bonus*
|Remote Assignment- Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive bonus payments up to $2,000*
|Tuition Reimbursement- Newly hired employees from this recruitment may be eligible to receive tuition reimbursement. San Bernardino County employees are eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness.
- CalHealthCares Loan Repayment Program – Up to $ 300,000 loan repayment for five (5) years of service.
- Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program – Up to $105,000 loan repayment for three (3) years of service
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program – Up to $50,000 loan repayment for two (2) years of service or may be able to completely pay off student loans with continued service
- Must work in an NHSC approved site.
- 5% differential pay for ABPN Board Certification
- $400 tuition reimbursement annually
- Perfect Attendance Incentive – 16 hours Perfect Attendance Leave -OR- Gym membership reimbursement up to $299 annually
- Employer-paid term life insurance – $35,000
- Short Term Disability 55% up to $1,252 per week
- Eligible to participate in the Dependent Care Assistance Plan
- 2% Longevity Pay (after 15 years of continuous service)
The Department of Behavioral Health is recruiting for Psychiatrists II who assume medical responsibility for adult and/or child and adolescent patients under their direct care and supervision in outpatient clinics. Incumbents may also be assigned to supervise/teach residents and medical students or to work in specialty areas, such as outpatient forensics, correctional mental health services, Clozaril, Diversion, Quality Management, or Informatics.
Essential duties include conducting comprehensive psychiatric assessments/evaluations and mental status examinations (MSEs) of adult patients, providing multi-axial diagnoses according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) approved by the American Psychiatric Association; developing and implementing individualized mental health treatment planning for assigned adult patients; providing competent psychotropic medication treatment and other psychiatric treatments to meet the needs of assigned adult patients; and performing related tasks as required.
To view a more comprehensive listing of job duties for this classification, refer to the Psychiatrist II job description.
The County is also accepting applications for Psychiatrist IV, Psychiatrist III and Psychiatrist I, apply as appropriate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work Schedule: Evening and weekend shifts are available for some assignments (voluntary participation).
Completion of Residency: Official job offers cannot be made until candidate has verified completion of residency. Contingent job offers may be made to applicants who have provided verification of being within nine (9) months of completion of residency. Teaching
Requirement: Incumbents will be assigned to supervise/teach medical learners.
Background Check: An extensive background check will include a credit check, fingerprint/DOJ LiveScan, and DMV check. Must be a U.S. Citizen or be a permanent U.S. resident. Medical exam will also include drug and TB test.
Sponsorship: Please note San Bernardino County is not able to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship at the time of application or in the future.