US Government, Community Services Board
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is recruiting for an Adult Outpatient Psychiatrist. This position is a job-share position with a minimum of 20 hours per week. There may be opportunities to add additional hours on an hourly basis for a total of 30-40 hours per week.
The CSB is a large public behavioral health care system that serves all of Fairfax County in Northern Virginia and serves approximately 24,000 clients per year. The CSB provides a comprehensive array of services for children and adults with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI)/serious emotional disturbance (SED), and/or substance use disorders and/or intellectual disabilities. These services include:
- 24-hour residential crises stabilization
- 24-hour, 7 days per week emergency services
- Partial hospitalization
- Outpatient and case management
- Medical detox
- Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT)/Homeless Outreach
- Short- and long-term residential treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Jail diversion
Prescribes treatment plan and psychotropic medication based on medication evaluation. Supports other therapists in emergency psychiatric evaluations. Responds to requests for assistance in crisis intervention situations as part of a combined staff approach. Leads or participates in administrative, programmatic, and clinical meetings.
The successful clinician will have:
- Extensive knowledge of modern psychiatric theory and practice.
- Thorough knowledge of causes, treatment, and prevention of mental illness.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative relations with professional, administrative, and other persons working in related fields, such as local welfare and public health departments, schools, courts, law enforcement hospitals and other institutions.
- Ability to plan and execute work effectively.
The CSB has a large medical staff that includes 35 full-time psychiatrists, primary care providers, a pediatrician, nurses (LPN, RN CNS, NP), and a physician assistant.
To learn more about the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, please email inquiries to the CSB Medical Director: debra.o’firstname.lastname@example.org
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others) and CSB recognizes that staff competence speaking a variety of languages is necessary to meet client needs. We encourage candidate’s bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply. A foreign language skills stipend of up to $1,300/year (full-time) may be given for qualified bi-lingual employees.
Location: Multiple Locations
Note: Job share positions are eligible for all County benefits including health benefits at part-time premium rates.
To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video “CSB Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Providing Care.”