About Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences:
The Mission of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is to provide medical examiner and crime laboratory services of the highest quality in an unbiased manner with uncompromised integrity.
To provide consistent, quality death investigation and laboratory analysis for the benefit of the entire community.
To create a technological strongpoint for legal agencies to facilitate justice in criminal and civil proceedings.
To establish an academic environment for training in the field of Forensic Science.
Brief Radiologist Overview:
The Institute of Forensic Sciences (IFS) is implementing a new computerized tomography (CT) scanning service to expedite / enhance forensic decedent examinations. IFS is seeking experienced radiologists to provide part-time consulting services, assisting staff pathologists and anthropologists with CT scan interpretation and findings. This will be an initial one-year contract, with potential renewal each year after.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- For first six months of implementation, contracted radiologist will attend (either in person or virtually) daily case conference meetings to review CT scans with staff while decedent examination decisions are made and to assist with comparing physical examination results with CT scans.
- Thereafter, contracted radiologist will be available virtually to review CT scans as needed to assist with staff decision-making and CT interpretation.
- Assist with formulating CT scan software to ensure it provides all information necessary to make pathology examination decisions, without being overly broad to include information that is not needed for IFS purposes.
- Assist Morgue Technicians to ensure pre-set CT scans are adequate and capture all information necessary and assist with any equipment changes that may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net.
This position is subject to a criminal history check.
Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.