US Government, Dept of Health and Human Services
- Full Time
A Sign-on bonus of $15,000 for the successful applicant(s) of this posting.
**See eligibility for Sign-on Bonus below in the Supplemental and Contact Information section.
We are recruiting for a Senior Psychologist for the Forensic Services Unit (FSU) at Central Regional Hospital in Butner, NC. The psychologist will conduct pretrial forensic evaluations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct pretrial forensic evaluations, including outpatients, inpatients, and consultation to other hospitals.
- Evaluations can be of Capacity to Proceed, assessment of possible use of a Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity defense, risk assessment, or other specialized types of Forensic Evaluation.
- Advanced use and interpretation of psychological testing.
- Consultation with attorneys about evaluation results.
- Reporting directly to judges about evaluation results.
- Testifying in court about the conclusions reached in the forensic evaluations.
- Provide direct supervision to interns and post-doctoral fellows in the Forensic Service.
This is a full-time position and eligible for the full State benefits package. The normal work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm; however, flexibility is required to meet hospital needs.
About Central Regional Hospital (CRH):
CRH is a State-of-the Art psychiatric hospital located in Butner, NC. CRH is one of three regional state psychiatric hospitals in North Carolina whose purpose is to diagnose and treat children, adolescents and adults with mental illness. Our location is ideal with four seasons, mild temperatures and provides an easy commute to the N.C. mountains or beaches. Butner possesses small town charm but is within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan area including Research Triangle Park, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham, NC. The people we serve are at the heart of our facility. Our team is critical to the mission of the hospital. We strive to create an environment in which every team member contributes to the overall success of the hospital to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve.
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) serves the needs of the most
vulnerable of North Carolinians and in order to accomplish this, we hire only the most dedicated and caring individuals. Finding qualified clinical professionals to treat and care for our clients is a continual challenge as demand for services grows and the availability of providers struggles to keep pace. We are seeking a motivated individual who is up for this challenge and is dedicated to our mission of providing North Carolinians with the very best in clinical care.
The state of North Carolina offers excellent comprehensive benefits. Employees can participate in health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, and the NCFlex program (numerous high-quality, low-cost benefits on a pre-tax basis). Employees also receive paid vacation, sick, and community service leave. In addition, paid parental leave is available to eligible employees. Visit website for State Benefits.