The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
The Services Specialist will utilize child welfare practice skills to ensure children are protected from abuse and neglect. When child abuse or neglect is indicated, specialists work closely with families and the legal system toward a goal of reunification, independent living, or other permanent living situation.
To be considered, you MUST:
- Attach a copy of your official transcripts showing you meet the below educational requirements. These must be signed by the registrar or show the university seal. We do accept electronic official transcripts.
- Attach an up-to-date resume.
- Attach a cover letter.
- Attach a written response to the “Is This Job For Me?” video answering the following questions:
- If selected for this position what do you believe your biggest challenge will be?
- How do you see yourself overcoming this challenge?
–Candidates who do NOT possess a State of Michigan Driver’s license are required to attach to their application, an official two year driving record from the state in which they currently hold a valid license.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application being screened out.