Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount is seeking a Senior Director of Incident Response to join its Global Information Security Group. This position will be a vital leader of the Threat Response team, leading the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) activities and capabilities development with the support of SOC analysts and incident responders globally using a wide variety of tools. As the CSIRT leader, the candidate will be responsible for maturing and maintaining a global program that aligns with leading industry standards, advice, and direction. This involves operating and continually improving existing CSIRT processes, as well as the development of new processes in response to evolving threats and business requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance, acting as the main contact for senior management, being the 24/7 senior focal point for incident management within the enterprise, directing the CSIRT in appropriate response and actions.
- Oversee the continuous monitoring, identification, intake, triage, response, remediation and resolution of security incidents while prioritizing incidents based on risk or exposure.
- Responsible for a team of managers and SOC analysts who continuously perform monitoring and triage of collected information and alerts to determine what is actionable.
- Ensure continual development of full security incident management lifecycle, from incident analysis, coordination, response to remediation and reporting with planned tabletop exercises.
- Leverage input from Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) team, including strategic, operational and tactical intelligence to benefit SOC tuning and incident response.
- Direct activities of service providers to deliver cost-effective and efficient SOC operations and incident response while ensuring fulfillment of SLAs.
- Work closely with other senior information security, privacy and business leaders on potential data breaches and other security or privacy incidents.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training and development opportunities, and performance management processes.
- Build and maintain documentation/knowledgebase of playbooks, processes, procedures and archival of security incidents.
- Production of quality incident reports, briefings and on-demand assessments to be consumed both at the executive and technical practitioner level.
- Develop and maintain objectives, metrics and KPIs supporting the department’s strategic direction and continuously improve SOC capabilities.
- Outcomes will be used to inform Paramount’s overall cybersecurity strategy, providing leadership with valuable detection and response insights, allowing proactive and tactical controls to be implemented.
- Availability during off-hours and holidays.
- 7+ years of technical security experience, with 5+ years of experience leading a cyber incident response or security operations team within a large enterprise organization.
- Deep technical understanding of SIEM, SOAR, EDR, firewalls, network and email security tools with a variety of enterprise IT and cloud-based architectures and technologies, such as networking, server infrastructure, operating systems, web applications, databases, containerization and mobile
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with executive management.
- Excellent operational rigor with extensive real-world experience leading and responding to large scale, complex incidents.
- Solid grasp of common cyber frameworks and models such as the MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, Pyramid of Pain, DeTT&CT and modern penetration testing techniques
- Minimum of one of the following certifications: CISSP, SANS GCIH, GSOC, GSOM, GCIA, GPEN, GMON, GCDA, GDAT or certifications relating to security operations or incident response
- Solid understanding of incident response processes, workflows, communications and reporting, issues and cross-department collaboration.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, verbally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple high visibility issues simultaneously with careful attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Some travel may be required for major events or incidents.
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $210,000.00 – 220,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.