Vinehealth is transforming the quality of life and survival of cancer patients through highly personalised patient support based on behavioural science and artificial intelligence.
At Vinehealth, we believe that people with cancer should feel in control of their care. Our mobile platform uses cutting edge technology to help people living with cancer to collect, track and visualise data about their care, supporting them to feel in control and better self-manage, as well as to communicate crucial information back to their care team. Through this, the platform generates rich real-world data to represent the voice of patients in healthcare delivery and drug development.
Having launched in 2018, we have been named Deloitte’s ‘Most Innovative Health Tech Start-Up’ of 2019 and have an incredibly exciting journey ahead of us with plenty of opportunities for personal development and working with a world-class team of doctors, developers, designers and more. We highly prize our open and friendly company culture with a talented, ambitious and committed team that supports each other in striving for excellence.
Get in touch if you want to play a key role in a high-impact, fast-growing startup and if you’re passionate about making a big impact.
This is a hybrid role, in which you will work in our London offices 1-2 days per week and from home the remainder of the week.
We are looking for an experienced Real World Evidence Manager to join our Research team and have an immediate impact by driving value for our life science partners. You must have a customer-first mentality as you will be on the front lines in working directly with our customers and collaborators. You will engage from the very beginning of the RWE project lifecycle, focusing intensely on life science partner objectives to ensure Vinehealth solutions meet expectations. You will work cross-functionally with many internal teams to operationalise innovative real-world data programmes that generate novel publishable evidence.
We see this as an extremely high potential role within the company to deliver with excellence on high-stakes programmes at a crucial inflection point in our growth. We are therefore looking for an experienced candidate who is ambitious, self-driven, and has previously demonstrated success in an RWE role. As an early member of a high-growth, purpose-driven, tech-for-good company, you will be expected to work autonomously, operate professionally, execute consistently, and demonstrate expertise in your responsibilities.
- Play a leading external-facing role with our life science partners (e.g., pharmaceutical manufacturers) and research collaborators (e.g., NHS Trusts) to design and execute RWE programmes and other non-interventional studies (NIS)
- Leading all aspects of RWE and NIS programme execution, including project management, study protocol and analysis plan development, ethical and related review process submissions, protocol implementation, data analysis, and reporting
- Manage and cultivate relationships with our life science partners and research collaborators, incl. understanding customer needs, co-designing RWE and NIS programmes, supporting study review processes, and jointly publishing novel evidence
- Participate as a subject matter expert in sales prospecting meetings and bid defence presentations, and contribute content and strategic thinking to RWE and NIS proposals led by the Business Development team
- While this is not a sales role, given your proximity to our customers, partners and collaborators, we expect proactivity in identifying potential new and/or expansion opportunities that help us deliver even more value over time
- Support excellence in our internal Research function, including the development and implementation of standards, tools, templates, processes, policies, best practices, documentation, etc and driving improvement across the company based on life science partner and research collaborator feedback, as well as your ideas!
- Stay current on industry trends in real-world evidence, health outcomes research, relevant NHS programmes (e.g., DATA-CAN), research grant opportunities, and related concepts that may help shape our organisation in the future
Skills & attributes:
- You are ambitious and self-starting, driven to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment, and can organise and prioritise your work independently
- You are passionately committed to delivering excellence in real-world research activities and believe in the importance of patient-reported outcomes and self-assessment data
- You excel at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders based upon your experience, subject matter expertise, credibility, and authenticity that enable you to persuade and influence internal and external decision-making
- You are a critical thinker and driven to proactively look for risks/issues before they arise and raise/implement solutions or collaboratively problem-solve as required by the situation/circumstances
- You can work under pressure and manage multiple external projects and internal workstreams in parallel to deliver against goals and timelines without sacrificing the quality of the experience or work product for our life science partners
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator and team player who has a positive influence on your colleagues and a passion for making an impact in healthcare
- You are very comfortable with digital technology and working remotely
- You have 2+ years of experience executing RWE/NIS studies, incl. conceptualisation, design, protocol writing, implementation, analysis, and results/publication
- A bonus if you have publications that relied upon patient-reported outcomes and/or self-assessment data
- A significant bonus if you have experience operating RWE/NIS programmes using a patient-facing digital health platform
- Highly competitive salary as well as other incentives where appropriate
- Participation in an attractive EMI share option scheme
- High spec Macbook Pro
- Generous training and wellbeing budgets:
- £600 per year on training and education
- £480 per year well-being budget to spend on improving mental and physical well-being
- £400 per year; happiness & life admin budget to spend on anything that makes you happy or makes life easier for you, such as engaging in hobbies or having a cleaner.
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee when we meet in the UK office
- Beautiful office space in the heart of London surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars, gyms and public transport
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- NEST pension with matched contributions up to 6%
- Health, dental, eye and hearing insurance
- An extra half day off during your birthday week
- Cycle2Work Scheme