Deputy Regulatory Compliance Officer / Deputy Regulatory Compliance Manager (Payments – acquiring)
Location: London (Office based role)
As a Regulatory Compliance Officer / Deputy Regulatory Compliance Manager are you looking for an opportunity where you can develop your skills, experience and grow with one of Europe’s fastest growing and technologically advanced Electronic Money Institutions?
You will be experienced within payments acquiring regulatory compliance and, either:
- At deputy level and looking for a role with a broader range of responsibilities including team leading,
- Looking to step up into a Deputy Regulatory Officer role.
Either way this position will provide a broad range of exposure within regulatory compliance, for an organization that is within it’s a high growth phase of maturity, where your skills will be utilized to help shape a rapidly evolving Fintech organisation.
Viva.com is a leading European cloud-based neobank, delivering the future of payments, now. With presence in 24 markets, it is the payment institution with the largest footprint in Europe. Viva.com’s mission is to change the way businesses pay and get paid, offering truly unifying, yet localized, end-to-end advanced digital payments solutions and embedded banking services tailored to their needs. An advocate for a sustainable cashless economy, the Organisation delivers digital payments services across three different time zones, in 17 languages and 9 currencies, featuring over 30 payment methods. Harnessing the power of revolutionary technologies, such as the viva.com | Terminal app and Smart Checkout payment gateway, Viva.com provides an omnichannel solution, that offers seamless, conversion-boosting and secure ways to process online and in-person transactions, streamlining business operations and enhancing the customer experience. Learn more at viva.com
What you will do:
As Deputy Regulatory Compliance Officer / Deputy regulatory Compliance Manager, reporting to the UK Head of Regulatory Compliance.
You will support and help further develop viva.com’s UK internal governance system, and to focus on compliance with relevant legislative / regulatory requirements for viva.com UK as an e-money firm. More specifically you will:
- Act as the Deputy (and stand in as required) for the Head of Regulatory Compliance in all matters.
- Take ownership of material regulatory risks and projects and ensure that these are being managed in accordance with best practice and within risk tolerance;
- Ensure compliance with all regulations applicable to viva.com UK and other legislative/regulatory requirements, including best practices of corporate governance;
- Keep abreast of new and existing regulatory rules and initiatives that are relevant to Vivawallet in the UK, and inform the business and management of regulatory changes ad expectations;
- Help to design and build out KPI’s and metrics to ensure that regulatory risks are tracked and monitored and that any issues / non-compliance is identified in a timely manner;
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels in order to provide them with appropriate governance and compliance advice;
- Take ownership of the Compliance Monitoring Plan which would cover all aspects of Compliance for the UK business (e.g. outsourcing / safeguarding / Consumer Duty etc);
- Take ownership of the regulatory reporting calendar to ensure that all regulatory reporting is executed in a timely manner and effectively;
- Ad-hoc duties in the production of agenda items for the UK Risk Committee and Board as required;
- Participate in the regular review of governance processes including analysing existing processes, recommending and implementing changes, documenting new processes and procedures to support compliance, continuous improvement and adoption of innovative governance practices;
- Drive changes in policies and processes within the business to ensure that they reflect the key tenets of the Consumer Duty and put customers at the heart of what we do;
- Deal with ad-hoc queries as requested by the Head of Compliance.
- Help to mentor, develop and upskill junior members of the team.
To be considered for Deputy Regulatory Compliance Officer / Deputy regulatory Compliance Manager you should have:
- In-depth experience of compiling / reviewing risk and or regulatory compliance processes;
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, including senior management, in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Successfully managed multiple projects within tight deadlines;
- Exceptional stakeholder, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to take ownership of the full compliance plan and deliver end to end;
- Extensive experience of building / enhancing regulatory management Information and data analysis / reporting;
- The skills to craft and innovate processes and policies;
- A thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks applicable to a payments (merchant acquiring / issuing) / e-money firm and government policies of financial institutions;
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of overall similar previous experience in the financial services sector in Europe, of which at least two (2) in a similar senior professional position;
- Be highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc);
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Highly competitive annual salary.
- Personal performance bonus of up to 4 monthly salaries per annum.
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30 with service (plus 8 Bank Holidays).
- New Mothers Maternity Scheme – 20 weeks of full pay maternity leave.
- The opportunity to step up into a Deputy to Head of Function with one of Europe’s fastest growing FinTech organisations.
- Working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast- paced multinational environment.