Regional Legal – Regulatory Compliance Manager
We are looking for an experienced, high-skilled Legal – Regulatory Compliance Manager, passionate about FinTechs, Digital Payments and Innovations, to join our established and fast-growing business in Nordics Region.
The position will be full time office based within a viva.com office location within the Nordics region, comprising: Denmark (Copenhagen), Sweden (Stockholm), Norway (Oslo), Finland (Helsinki) reporting to the Group Legal and Compliance Director (Greece HO).
Viva.com is a leading European cloud-based neobank, delivering the future of payments, now. With presence in 24 markets, it is the payment institution with the largest footprint in Europe. Viva.com’s mission is to change the way businesses pay and get paid, offering truly unifying, yet localized, end-to-end advanced digital payments solutions and embedded banking services tailored to their needs. An advocate for a sustainable cashless economy, the Organisation delivers digital payments services across three different time zones, in 17 languages and 9 currencies, featuring over 30 payment methods. Harnessing the power of revolutionary technologies, such as the viva.com | Terminal app and Smart Checkout payment gateway, Viva.com provides an omnichannel solution, that offers seamless, conversion-boosting and secure ways to process online and in-person transactions, streamlining business operations and enhancing the customer experience.
Learn more at viva.com
- More specifically, as a Legal – Regulatory Compliance Manager you shall:
Be responsible for the provision of legal and regulatory advise to the management, business owners and stakeholders with respect to all day-to-day operational and regulatory requirements;
- Advise the business on the legal & regulatory aspects of new products development and delivery channels (Card acquiring & issuing, Digital Wallets, Payment Systems, MarketPlaces etc.);
- Ensure the continuous mapping, monitoring and regulatory developments for the assigned geographical territory;
- Develop regulatory compliance roadmaps and perform trainings to the involved personnel, to ensure the entity’s compliance;
- Liaise with external legal advisers and local regulatory/supervising authorities;
- Draft and/or review policies and procedures;
- Produce reports for the Board of Directors and the supervisory bodies;
- Conduct Legal & regulatory risk assessment;
- Develop and maintain a formal compliance risk-and-control program, ensuring controls are put in place to mitigate monitor and report risk as appropriate;
- Maintain Compliance department files, cases and issues, achieve deadlines and document actions;
- Work cooperatively with external & internal auditors.
To be considered you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) and an LL.M in commercial law related areas (preferably in Banking & Finance)
- Deep knowledge of EU financial services regulations, and, in particular, Payments’ regulations (PSD2, etc.)
- From 5 to 10 years’ solid working experience as a lawyer in the Payments sector (preferably in a merchant acquiring organisation) or alternatively in a premier law firm specialized in payments and regulatory related matters;
- At least 3 years of experience within a managerial position (e.g. manager or similar senior professional position).
- Demonstrable experience in commercial and banking law, especially in regulatory related issues (e.g. PSD2, Compliance Risk Management, etc.);
- The ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, including senior management, in an intense, fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple projects within deadlines;
- Experience in dealing with complex legal & regulatory compliance issues with significant financial impact;
- Fluency in English and Finnish (excellent verbal and written communication skills). Any additional European language is considered a strong plus;
- Agility and adaptability in a FinTech environment and culture;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills especially when it comes to business owners and Tech professionals (CIO, IT professionals, app and system developers, software engineers, etc.);
- Excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skill;
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Annual bonus based on targets’ achievement
- Integrity, teamwork, transparency, and regular feedback to develop your skills
- A chance to grow within a fast-moving European Fintech Company/Neobank