Viva Wallet Group is a dynamic financial services provider with a very strong footprint in the payment services sector across Europe. Vivabank, the credit institution within Viva Wallet Group, is looking for an experienced, highly-skilled Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer, to join our established and fast-growing business.
The position is based in Athens, Greece, reporting to the Group Head of Regulatory Compliance.
Who We Are
Viva.com is a leading European cloud-based neobank, delivering the future of payments, now. With presence in 24 markets, it is the payment institution with the largest footprint in Europe. Viva.com’s mission is to change the way businesses pay and get paid, offering truly unifying, yet localized, end-to-end advanced digital payments solutions and embedded banking services tailored to their needs. An advocate for a sustainable cashless economy, the Organisation delivers digital payments services across three different time zones, in 17 languages and 9 currencies, featuring over 30 payment methods. Harnessing the power of revolutionary technologies, such as the viva.com|Terminal app and Smart Checkout payment gateway, Viva.com provides an omnichannel solution, that offers seamless, conversion-boosting ways to process online and in-person transactions, streamlining business operations and enhancing the customer experience.
Learn more at viva.com
More specifically, as a Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer you will:
- Be responsible for the provision of regulatory compliance advice to the management, business owners and other stakeholders within the company;
- Ensure that the company adequately captures and monitors all legal and regulatory developments that are relevant to its business, develop regulatory compliance roadmaps and perform trainings to the involved personnel, to ensure the company’s compliance;
- Liaise with external legal advisers and local regulatory/supervisory authorities;
- Liaise with other internal control functions within the company, ensure alignment and schedule ad doc meetings whenever necessary
- Draft and/or review the company’s policies and procedures and support in their roll out.
- Design and monitor the implementation of the annual compliance plan and ad-hoc compliance audits to ensure that internal processes & policies are applied, identify control gaps and improvement opportunities;
- Support and develop the company’s control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and the company’s committees for matters within the scope of competence of the company’s compliance department;
- Prepare and/or coordinate the submission of regulatory reports to the local regulatory authorities;
- Conduct regulatory compliance risk assessment.
- Develop and maintain a formal compliance risk-and-control program, ensuring controls are put in place to mitigate monitor and report risk as appropriate.
- Maintain Compliance department files, cases and issues, achieve deadlines and document actions;
To be considered you should have:
- University degree in Law, Banking, Business Administration or in any related fields (Master’s degree in European Banking /Payments regulation, Risk Management or in related fields is considered a strong plus);
- Minimum of five (5) years of overall previous experience in a regulatory compliance, audit or risk function and previous experience of at least 3 years in a similar senior professional position.
- Experience of working with financial services regulators is considered a strong plus
- In-depth knowledge of financial services regulations (Greek and EU) and, in particular banking regulations & supervision (e.g. CRR, CRD, BRRD etc.).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Professional certification is considered a strong plus;
- Agility and adaptability in a FinTech environment and culture;
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, including senior management, in an intense, fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple projects within deadlines;
- Build relationships with co-workers, external advisers and local supervising authorities;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills especially when it comes to business owners and Tech professionals (CIO, IT professionals, app and system developers, software engineers, etc.);
- Excellent organizational & project management skills, proven analytical, planning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Competitive salary plus annual Bonus based on targets’ achievement & performance appraisal.
- Opportunity for a rapid career development in the fastest growing FinTech in Europe.
- Working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast- paced multinational environment.